Cyclones fall short Nebraska upset
The Iowa State women’s basketball team hung around till the end but fell short of an upset over 12th ranked Nebraska on Saturday night. The Cyclones shot 36.4 percent from the field and lost by a 57-49 final.
To watch head coach Bill Fennelly’s post game press conference, click on the CycloneFanatic.com video above.
- Alison Lacey led Iowa State in scoring with 23 points. That was the 13th time this season where she has scored in double figures. Lacey also grabbed four rebounds in the game. Lacey is now two rebounds away from having 500 boards in her career.
- While Lacey scored 23 points, the rest of the Cyclones totaled 26.
- Saturday night’s loss snapped a 12-game home win streak for Iowa State.
- Iowa State went 2-of-12 from behind the 3-point line. Nebraska was 6-of-26 from behind the arc.
- Nebraska outrebounded Iowa State 38-35. That was the first time that Iowa State has been outrebounded all season.
FINAL BOX SCORE Quotes Alison Lacey on Nebraska’s defense… “They were always in your face. Someone was always guarding you tight. They were a really good defensive help team. Sometimes I think that we just missed some easy baskets that we should be making.”
Lacey on the rest of the year… “We could win or lose any game that we go into.”
With the loss, Iowa State dropped to 12-2 on the season and the Cyclones are now 0-1 in Big 12 Conference play. The Cyclones will travel to take on 10th ranked Texas A&M on Wednesday.