Is the cup half full? Maybe...
- Most schools leave the Big XII and ISU get 25% of all TV revenue for the next year then ISU joins the Big East / Big Ten / Other conference on a weeks notice and doesn't forfeit their share.
- ISU joins the Big East and they start their own network that generates the same revenue that the BTN generates.
- The Big 10 realizes that they want to prove that they are interested in academics and bring in ISU to prove that point - it would put all the land grant universities in their footprint together.
- The Pac 10 / Big XII get the stellar TV contract that would keep the universities together.
- Culver and Grassley actually do "mold" the re-alignment discussion and ISU lands a better deal than they have now.