I have higher debt than this because I had very little money coming in to college, my parents are unable to help, and I'm not a 4.0 genius. I've had to work part-time throughout most of my college career.
Yes, I could have cut more corners here and there and saved a little bit of money, but I chose to live a little bit better and take out more loans.
Now as long as I can find a job and this economy finally turns around...
Exact same situation. Did the same thing. Paying off student loans sucks!
It may also have be due to the fact that many parents are not in place money wise where they can help out their kids or that the parents think their kids should pay their own way through college. Do many college kids work? I know when i was in college very few people I knew had a job of any sorts during college.
It's not like that anymore. Obviously things have slowed down due to the recession, but probably 60% of the people I know have part time jobs during the semester, while the other 40% wish they did.
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.
Iowa State vs. George Mason (Diamond Head Classic)