Four headed for Texas Tech
WHERE HAVE WE BEEN - Similar to a thread last year on how we think the Texas tech game will end. Let's look how the season will play out.
1. Kent State brought reality to us. We lost as our offensive system was very basic. We played with little enthusiasm and we knew we were in for a long season. We were disaapointed in our offense and a missed fieldgoal. We should have won agiainst this team.GRADE: D+:sad:
2.UNI. Almost beat last year as UNI missed a fieldgoal. The veteran team showed they were better this year. We missed fieldgoals and could not kick off deep. Saw that we made mistakes and UNI did not. Saw no improvement in game two. Crowd became quiet after the first quarter. GRADE: C-:realmad:
3. Iowa. Finally cut out the mistakes. Finally looked like we could kick the lonbg fieldgoal. Defense hustled well enough to make Iowa look weak on offense. Offense never reached the endzone. Almost lost the game with final kickoff. Big win and major improvement and no turnovers. GRADE: B+:notworthy:
4. Toledo. Took control of the game in the second half. Knew we were better and should win. Watched a 82 kickoff return with five broken tackles. Wondered if we needed wholesale change on special teams. Saw Brandtner make a fumble bumble stupid play to lose the game. Saw the fieldgoal go wide after a tip. Realized mistakes lost a third game, mostly on backs of special teams. GRADE: C.:wacko:
5. Nebraska. Opened play in Lincoln with the Big Wind. Took some mistakes by Bg Red nand ran up a 10-0 lead. Kickoffs vaporised as Red started at midfield. Wondered why us for special teams. Saw a determined offense play withut JJ Bass. Watched tips and poor decissions and no tackling on returns lead to eventual destruction of a good effort. Saw lots of hope that we did not wilt. GRADE: B. :dull:
WHAT ABOUT SATURDAY
6. Texas Tech will be another key game for confidence at Lubbock. The Leach machine will throw the ball all over the field and the Leach machine will probabbly score over 40. Question is if we can score points at a hig rte . We now have 2 running backs in Scales and Bass. We continue to not to look off the defenders, thow the balls to defenders, overshoot long passes. Yet we know we can do better. We need to play with zero mistakes. Penalities last week were 5 yards total. We ned to at least play B+ level for our offense as we have been waiting two years for a major offensive game. :biggrin:
7. Texas is beatable as Colt McCoy appwars injury prone and yjrit tram lacks an identity like we do. The crowd needs to yell all game. eFor Gene, need A game.
8. Oklahoma will try to run up the game. The defense will have to try to keep it close. Not sure how Colorado held OU to 230 yards, but they did. Need A game from the tem and fans.:wideeyed:
9. Kansas State. They are fast and have a qb who can throw under what pressure we can bring. Maybe our defense will save us. Need A game.:mask:
10. Missouri - We cannot catch Chase Daniels as seen in past. Yet, this year I think we will match up better with our defense. PLay an A game or lose.:biggrin:
11. Kansas - Surprisingly tough with new qb Todd Riesen. Still leaning on defense to keep it close. One more A game. :mask:
12. Colorado - who would have thunk. Colorado buffaloes me. Need a win in worst way. Have to A game these guys.:yes:
Looks like we need our A game seven straight weeks, need to lean on defense, :realmad:improve an offense to score 30 points a game, :wubclub:and get real with special teams. :wub:
Do we have to bring back McCarney to coach special teams? :SLEEP:
I do not want to have our only highlights been big runbacks against special tems.:v_SPIN:
Re: Four headed for Texas Tech
Good God NO. That would be a disaster. Mac is the reason our special teams are so bad. We'd be much better off bringing back Jim Walden to coach special teams. SERIOUSLY, our special teams were consistently the best parts of the team under him. Anyone remember the years when we lead the nation in kickoff returns, both for yardage and TDs from returns? Nothing like that ever happened under Mac.
Originally Posted by Wesley
Re: Four headed for Texas Tech
So where will everybody be staying? Sorta out in the hinterlands. Restaurants?