If we knew before then how is that an accomplishment? "Well, we knew before we went, but now we're really really sure."
(2) We've confirmed there is no WMD (there never was but at least knowledge of this is benefiicial)
Unfortunately, we're in the middle east, so that doesn't really help us.
(4) Iran is preoccupied with the middle east
I think there have been 2 Al Qaeda attacks on U.S. soil in the past 10+ years, so I'd say it's irresponsible to say they have forgotten us now in favor of Iraq.
(5) Al queda groups focused on Iraq more than attacking US soil
Seriously? How likely do you think that is?
(2) Stable democratic Iraq
Ally how? We are practically running their country, how can they be an ally at this point?
(7) We have a temporary ally in the Middle East
Is that the "it worked for us so it should probably work for them" mentality? You realise we're two different countries correct?
How long should Iraq have to establish a self-sufficient government?
About 13 years, which is the time between the signing of the Dec. of Independence and when our government began operating under the Constitution.
You get 1 point, but that took months, not years.
(1) No Sadam. Sadam was brought to justice for his crimes against humanity.