Latest E-Mail From the A.D.
This is the latest edition of "E-Mail From the A.D." - Most of this we already know, but a couple things definitely solidify what we thought could be happening. Enjoy!
Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
Jacobson Athletic Building
Ames, Iowa 50011-1140
August 1, 2006
Dear Cyclone students,
Your Iowa State University football team reported to fall camp today, and I hope that you are as excited about our prospects for the fall as we are. This summer we surpassed the school’s single-season record for season football tickets sold. We are now just more than 500 tickets from reaching our goal of 30,000 season ticket holders.
I have several reasons for writing you today. First, I want to welcome you back for another academic year at Iowa State. Second, we’ve increased our commitment to the ISU student body by initiating a number of changes for Cyclone football to enhance your fun and I invite you to read about them below.
The third reason I am writing you today is to encourage you to get your season tickets purchased while you still can. Although we have allocated 10% more season tickets for our student body, we anticipate that many students will be unable to purchase season tickets when supplies run out. I know that many of you have already signed up for season tickets this fall and we say “thanks” for that commitment. However, if you have not done so or know of friends that have not done so, please remind them to get their ticket order in now while they still can. Click here to order tickets online or call 1-888-ISU-Cyclone.
- Night games – Our three non-conference home games will kickoff at night, largely in response to your desires. Students loudly stated a preference for games under the lights and we’re providing three of them this fall.
- New team entrance – Arrive early and experience the football team’s new entrance onto the field prior to kick-off. Watch for the new Cyclone tunnel and giant inflatable helmet and smoke as our team takes the field!
- Band on the move – We relocated our marching band to the north end zone bleachers in front of the Jacobson Building to create better synergy between our two most-vocal sections.
- Post-game fireworks – Stay for the entire game and watch the post-game fireworks following each of the three night games.
- Complimentary t-shirt promotion – All student season ticket buyers will receive free “Cardinal Rules” and “Golden Rules” t-shirts at the UNLV and Nebraska games, respectively. The shirts will be distributed at the stadium. An on-line vote was conducted this summer to identify the cardinal and golden rules of being a Cyclone fan. We know you will enjoy and wear proudly your complimentary shirts.
- Student Pep Rally – One week before the season opener (Thursday, Aug. 24), the annual student pep rally at Jack Trice Stadium takes place. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. More than 2,000 students attended last year’s event and we’re expecting even more this time. Coach Dan McCarney, his team captains and ISU Alumni Association President Jeff Johnson will speak. Free food, contests and raffles are all part of the free program.
- Additional Student Season Tickets – Because we sold out of student season tickets last year, we have allocated an additional section (700 seats) to the student body in 2006 increasing the total available student season tickets to 7,700.
We are very proud of our student season ticket holders and we look forward to another very exciting season.
Director of Athletics
And here's the link to the most recent Football promo video…
How about the song when they come in??? Are they changing it???
Alright Cyclone fans, the push is on. What else can each of us do to help sell more season tickets? Do we have family or friends that we can talk into season tickets yet? How about the neighbor that sees us leave the driveway each football Saturday morning and wishes he was asked to join the fun? They are out there, they just need to be invited. If nothing else, how about sending a copy of Jamies email to the students from above to those that might be interested. Just cut and paste and promote in a stealthy way.
:) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!
At this point, we should never limit the number of student tickets available.
Between night games, a new team entrance (with a giant helmet!! and SMOKE!!!), post-game fireworks, and more student tickets... its gonna be crazy!
Originally Posted by clone4410
I guess that's still up to debate, but I wouldn't be surprised considering how they've revamped the entrance already..
I heard the tornado siern was not going to happen......any news on this?
I heard from Pollard himself right around when spring semester was finnishing that it's going to happen. Is this a change of events that you recently heard, or are you thinking it just never went through?
I just heard from someone in the marketing department that they didnt think it was going to happen...thats all I heard, dont know if it is teue or not.
Originally Posted by dbronco7sc
He happened to be in front of me returning stuff to Best Buy about a month back and I asked him about the tornado sirens. He said they were working on it.
I recieved this yesterday:
Originally Posted by chuckd4735
Atmosphere changes for the football season
In addition, we are adding some new atmospheric changes such as:
• Under the lights and fireworks––Three non-conference games (Toledo at 7 p.m. and UNLV and UNI at 6 p.m.) will be played in the early evening. Fireworks will follow each of the three evening games.
• Trollies––Trollies pulled by tractors––similar to ones used at the State Fair––will transport fans from parking lots on the grounds to drop-off points at the stadium.
• Cyclone Experience––Parking lot S4 (on the south end of the Jack Trice) will be converted to a festival-like atmosphere with inflatable games for kids (the Clone Zone), a live pre-game radio show and many other sponsor-supported tents and displays.
• Warning sirens––Did you attend the 2005 Colorado football game when tornadoes in the area forced an evacuation? Playing off that scene, the Athletics Department will sound “warning” sirens (at 90, 60, 45 and 30 minutes prior to kickoff) over the PA system to assist fans entering the stadium earlier.
• Johnson on the mic––Fan favorite and Cyclone promoter extraordinaire Jeff Johnson (President of the ISU Alumni Association) will lead the east and west sides of Jack Trice in alternating cheers to rev up the atmosphere during pre-game.
• New Team Entrance!––All of the pre-game hoopla leads up to what promises to be a huge buildup for the team’s new entrance to the field, led by the team captains.
Thanks colorado... I almost forgot that he mentioned the trollies... I thought that was a good idea as well so people can park further away and get a free ride.
We are entering a new era of Cyclone football this season. The new atmosphere is going to get the fans more excited before kickoff, giving us a larger home field advantgage.
"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard
29 days is just too long to wait.......................