1. No matter how stupid it seems that they get punished for their own items, they broke the rules, they got caught, do the time. However for those that want to say this is unfair and stupid, wel if they did not play football for Ohio State they would not have the luxury of owning these items in the first place.
2. Suspend them for 5 games next year ( Some of which will never see any punishment as the will go pro) but do not make them sit for the bowl game because of improper education on the part of Ohio State? What, that is their job, so punish the kids next year, and do not punish the university who screwed up immediatly?
3. Improper Education my Butt!!!! I know ISU's Athletic Compliance Director very well (He is a college Fraternity Brother of Mine also just left ISU for a similar job at Boise State, we only hope to get someone as good as him as a replacement) and I can guarentee you that a school like Ohio State who most likely has twice the size of employees dedicated to compliance did their due dilligence and did educate the players correctly. It is real easy for top brass to lay the blame on a position of little significance in terms of punishment. Basically have the compliance guys fall on the sword. Pure BS.
4. The NCAA continues to baffle the normal person. There semmingly whimsicle decisions that are never the same baffle the normal mind. It will never get better so we just need to learn to laugh all they do off.
5. Has anyone pointed out the apparent lack of respect that these players have for the University. They are selling things for Tattoes. Not clothing food or rent, but Tattoes. That should show you that College football is not about your school anymore, but all about you. Plus half or all these guys will probably earn a large pro paycheck soon, can't the keep the one of a kind college gifts and wait to pay for the tattoes once they can afford them!!! Come on let's not forget to blame the ego driven college football players here.
It also sounds like they used a barter system.
CFH HMagic bball season.
Let my fred's Four Horsemen ride.
That's the whole point. The way the NCAA retains power is to arbitrarily apply rules to keep institutions in line (or benefit favored institutions). This is no less a "black box" rules mystery than the BCS bowl selection process.
Dean Wormer was wrong. Fat, drunk and stupid was a great way to go through college (all five years of it).
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.