19. Rutgers vs. Iowa State New Era Pinstripe Bowl
December 30, 2011 Bronx, NY, 3:20 pm ESPN Three Reasons Why You Have To Watch This Bowl
1. Rutgers and head coach Greg Schiano have spent the season trying to turn the program around. With a great young nucleus, a win over the Cyclones would mean a second nine-win season in the last three and would be really, really big going into the offseason. Winning in New York City could be a big boost for local recruits.
2. It’s Iowa State’s second bowl appearance since 2005. Good enough to blow away Texas Tech and ruins Oklahoma State’s national title dream, the Cyclones have just enough young talent to use this as a stepping-stone. Led by quarterback Jared Barnett, this is an up-and-coming program.
3. Can the game be half as good as the inaugural Pinstripe Bowl? Syracuse’s controversial win over Kansas State was the best game of the 2010-2011 bowl season, and both Iowa State and Rutgers should play at a high level. And Why You Shouldn’t Care A Lick:
Yeah, Iowa State had a few nice wins, but it also struggled to get by Kansas 13-10 and lost six of its final nine games. The Scarlet Knight defense could shut the Cyclones down cold. Three Names To Drop To Make Every Man Want You And Every Woman Fear You
1. WR Mohamed Sanu, Jr. Rutgers
2. LB Jake Knott, Jr. Iowa State
3. RB Jawan Jamison, Soph. Rutgers Gut-Reaction Pick That Might Change In The Next Few Days On A Whim:
Rutgers 35 ... Iowa State 31