HoD would be good from the driveability factor too. Cheapest trip for most cyclones fans.
Des Moines to Dallas flights are not too bad!!
I'm almost thinking that being an at-large would be a good thing...ISU gets first pick and will likely pick the Music City Bowl against Vandy...would be a good opponent, better then Purdue.
Don't see WVU going to Holiday, but the good thing is if they do Tech would slide into Pinstripe anyway so it wouldn't affect us.
If ISU gets to go at-large, and gets Music City, that would be phenomenal.
Any bowl where you don't have to use orange balls to show up on the snow and they don't have huskies pulling the golf carts would be good.
Shreveport needs two volunteer schools. Could have been Hoks and Clones if Herky had played better.
I could go for Music City..It's got a better name than the other ones. I hate bowl games with stupid names.
Does ISU have to take the HoD Bowl if the Music City Bowl is available? If Music City offers can we accept it?
Yes, i would think so. Conference has to fulfill its contractual obligations to its affiliated bowls before going to other ones.
I want the Dallas Bowl for the following reasons:
1. Easy drive
2. I think it's played in the old Cotton Bowl (I've always wanted to go there)
3. Should be warmer down south
4. Play a team (like Purdue) that we should be able to beat.
5. A lot of players from Texas so it's nice for them to be able to play another game in front of their families.
6. Allows coaches to recruit the Texas kids while we are in Texas preparing for the game.
Music City Bowl is of zero interest for me
New Years Day Bowl...wooo. Weird how that used to mean you had a great season. Oh well Go State.
All In for the HoD Bowl! Yes, please