Stanzi couldn't even tie Arnaud's shoe.
Stanzi couldn't even tie Arnaud's shoe.
So who does Spievey go against on Sat? Im sure he will take that guy outta the game, but will they play nickel a lot? Sounds like they did play quite a bit more last year. Iowa's other CB is green and vulnerable from what it sounds like. I'm betting Sed and Darks will be full strength, so someone might have a huge game, its just a question of whom.
QB - I'll take proven Arnaud over unproven Stanzi
RB - ISU and it's really not even close. A-Rob, Schwartz and Williams would all be starting at Iowa at this point, IMO
OL - Depends on who plays....I think it's pretty close to being a toss up though, maybe slight edge Iowa.
WR - ISU
TE - closer than you might think. Slight edge Iowa. I'm still not sold on Moeaki though.
DL - Iowa
LB - I'd give the advantage to Iowa, but I don't know that they match up too well against the spread. Functionally speaking, I think it's a tossup, though I'd say Iowa has the better unit overall.
DB - ISU. We might not have worldbeaters back there, but this is clearly a weakness for Iowa.
Special Teams - leaning ISU. We have a great punter, a good field goal kicker, and we seem to be fielding kicks finally. That being said, Iowa did show up on special teams last week.
How in the hell, other than being a complete homer, could you give Iowa the advantage at running back and even receiver???
I agree Iowa's line is better and TE is close, but Moo-yaki gives Iowa the edge - the guy is a gamer.
Didn't spivey get carted off the field. Iowa would have us at a few positions if not for injuries. Saturday should be fun
I think even the Iowa fans on this board would think this thread is funny.
I've come to the conclusion that this post was made by one of us.
There isn't a person in the country who thinks Iowa's RB or receivers are better than ours, and that includes Kirk Ferentz.
BTW, it's not even close.
I would take Moeki over Franklin, though.
I think Iowa will have the worst RB's of any team we play this year.
QB: ISU Lean (very close though)
RB: ISU (Until we see Brinson/Wegher, it definitely goes to ISU)
OL: Iowa (Hopefully everyone is in there this week)
TE: Iowa (If you think this is close, put down the kool aid, you obviously didn't watch Moeaki on Saturday)
WR: ISU Lean (A lot closer than ISU fans want to admit)
QB- Toss Up
- Those of you saying Arnaud is much better than Stanzi are crazy. I understand the only time some of you might have seen Ricky are against ISU last year, but I assure you Ricky has improved a lot since then. His QB rating was higher last year, and had a more impressive first game this season (16-21 in the 2nd half).
RB- Iowa State
WR- Toss Up
- You can say ISU has depth, well so does Iowa. McNutt, DJK, Stross, Keenan Davis, Paul Chaney Jr. Iowa goes 5 deep at WR, and DJK, McNutt, Davis have just as much, if not more, TALENT than the ISU receivers.
- Anyone saying this is close is not paying much attention. When Moeaki is healthy, he is one of the top TEs in the country. Reisner is a good enough TE to start at a lot of schools, and makes one of the best 2nd TEs in the country.
DB- Toss Up
- Depending how Prater performs when he gets back in 2 weeks, this could go ADV- Iowa. But that will be after the ISU game. Spievey is simply one of the best. However, Greenwood and Castillo leave much to be desired for.
Special Teams- Toss Up
- The kicking game is pretty much even, and the return games are too. Maybe a slight edge to Iowa St. You can call the 2 blocked field goals for Iowa a fluke if you want, but the fact is that the Iowa line collapsed UNI's line, and that's why Iowa got the blocks.
Home Field Advantage- ISU
I expect this to be a hell of a game, with one team pulling away with a TD late in the game (kind of like '05). Obviously I think Iowa will win. But most of you are going to say ISU. I say: 24-16 Iowa.
Dumb Squawk fan sed: "You can call the 2 blocked field goals for Iowa a fluke if you want, but the fact is that the Iowa line collapsed UNI's line, and that's why Iowa got the blocks."
Yoda sez: Line-drive kicker will get his junked blocked. Even his makes were bullets. Only a matter of time before some team figures it out. Guess even Hawks can learn something in jail.