Mahoney has got to make every extra point, no excuses. Kicks under 40 yards should be a sure thing by now. We need him to be reliable.
I think we are all waiting for this offense to play up to its potential, there won't be a lot of mysteries personel wise so its just a matter of building on this year and improving. On the defensive side of the ball theres going to be lots of new faces and hopefully some newcomers or young guys can step in to replace some seniors who were great leaders. I don't think we will have a hard time replacing the talent of guys like the Smiths' but the leadership Jesse and James showed will be missed. I think its exciting to think of the young guys that are going to get a shot.
I want to see two things... It may not work, but I think we could do it.
1) More offensive efficacy - especially from the wideouts
2) Wildcat formation with two quarterbacks.... we could do it and it would drive defenses NUTS! Especially if you put one at wide reciever or a flanker type position.
anyone else think tiller needs to get a little bit bigger... i think if he can put on a couple pounds of mmuscle i really think we could be very creative in our offense with him... cause right now i think he is a twig i fear he will get hurt... but idk
Love to see these small improvements/changes....
1. Kickoffs reaching the endzone.
Granted the KO coverage wasn't 2007 bad, still be nice to put a few in the endzone. I'd guess the average start for the opponent mighta been the 25, but every little bit helps.
2. Nickel corner blitzes.
When Benton went down with injury, this aspect of the defense shriveled up and died. Would love to see speedy corner getting after a QB at least a couple times a game from that slot position.
3. No more running up the gut on 4th and 1 from the shotgun. Don't recall this working very well. Arob getting the ball 5 yards deep against a stacked box = fail.
We can only hope for....
4. Turnovers in opponents territory. ISU got a lot of turnovers when they needed to stop a drive, but rarely did they get one when in a position to score right away because of it.