Nebraska and Iowa Officials chose "Heroes Game" from a long list of possible choices.
Alternate names and promotions included:
1) Lear-oes Game: At halftime, they stage a reality show where 3 sisters battle it out for their father's inheritance.
2) Nero's Game: The Marching Band ditches all their instruments in favor of fiddles, and they light the stadium on fire.
3) Churros Game: All fans get a light dusting of cinnamon and sugar upon entry.
4) Shapiro's Game: The famed O.J. Simpson defense attorney agrees to represent the players of winning team for the next year. Pro Bono.
5) Cape Fear-oes Game: Robert De Niro and the ghost of Robert Mitchum sit in the front row, smoking cigars and laughing obnoxiously.
Still rooting for the meteor to win this weekend in Lincoln.
DC versus Marvel?
A slap in the face to both - who would want to associate with either team.
Seriously, though, go ahead & honor heroes during halftime, Hy Vee
But then calls this the 'Heroes' Game? Makes a mockery of it as people try to associate this title with the actual game.
As far as I am concerned, no heroics are ever performed on the stage of athletics. It takes cajones to perform anything in front on thousands in person & potentially millions via telecasts.
Heroic feats are performed while few (and sometimes, if any) are watching, and involve much greater sacrifices than moving a ball down a field, throwing a ball through an iron ring, or hitting a ball with a piece of wood. Doing what the two being honored at the game have done - honor them no doubt, let's just not link it to the football game and give it this moniker.
I was in a joint Methodist-Lutheran service last night and my friend and I were talking about cyclones and tornadoes because she saw my sweatshirt last week. A lady from the other church starts talking about the Iowa-Nebraska game with great excitement, and I made a comment like, whoever wins, we all lose.
People far away from Big 10 country are getting excited for this ******* game, and I ****** that lady off, I am sure- but in the spirit of thanksgiving, I didnt give a ****.
There should be some type of Cyclone game watch for this game. I'm still not sure how to react. Boo both teams all the time? I guess I'm just hoping for some embarrassing moments.
it has been announced that marvin mcnutt will be wearing a cape over his shoulder pads. Taylor martinez, aka "T-magic" will perform magic tricks at halftime.
This isn't forced at all.
A Trophy Built for Heroes - Iowa Official Athletic Site
On Friday, I will lock myself into my home and not turn on a single TV or go onto the internet in an attempt to not hear/see anything about the game of the century. Do you think it is possible?