Official Post-Game Thread ISU/NDSU

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I must apologize to HB. I was ****** he chose UNC, but now I understand why. He saw the inter-workings at ISU including the coaching and lack of leadership. I can't blame him for not wanting to be part of this right now. Just must assume he knew what we are finding out now.

I sure hope we find a way to bring in a new staff without losing all our recruits and younger players. Hopefully the new coach is a proven DI coach and not some mid-major coach.

Reactions: isucy1234

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Out re-bounded by North Dakota frickin State! Gave up 18 offensive rebounds to them, the same number Duke had.

Holy Crap - I knew they were getting a lot of Offensive Ribbies, but 18, are you kidding me? We are a bunch of wussies.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I must apologize to HB. I was ****** he chose UNC, but now I understand why. He saw the inter-workings at ISU including the coaching and lack of leadership. I can't blame him for not wanting to be part of this right now. Just must assume he knew what we are finding out now..

I thought the same thing during the Duke game -- if HB watched it, it would have pretty much erased any second thoughts he might have been having.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I must apologize to HB. I was ****** he chose UNC, but now I understand why. He saw the inter-workings at ISU including the coaching and lack of leadership. I can't blame him for not wanting to be part of this right now. Just must assume he knew what we are finding out now.

I sure hope we find a way to bring in a new staff without losing all our recruits and younger players. Hopefully the new coach is a proven DI coach and not some mid-major coach.

HB situation - Spot on
Coaching situation - I don't see the change coming yet and keeping players is always difficult.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008

Couldn't agree more. Remember the talk about how we would be a potential final four team with HB, if Brackins came back for his senior year and Gilstrap got another year??? That seems laughable now. Add HB to this team, and they would still be lucky to break .500 in conference games. This is going to be a loooong season.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006

So I guess the improvement in Hubalek and what he did for Clark was nothing? McD and his staff can coach. They can't be on the floor to do it themselves. At some point the players need to man up and play! I get so tired of throwing all the blame on the staff. It's the players that are on the floor that play in these games. The coaches teach rebounding but they can't go out there and grab the rebounds for the players. The players need to step up and be accountable.

Reactions: usedcarguy

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Look on the bright side...we always have next year! We lack basic skills of the game.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
It all comes down to coaching and getting players to play at a high level, GMAC isn't the one no matter how you sugar coat it!

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
So I guess the improvement in Hubalek and what he did for Clark was nothing? McD and his staff can coach. They can't be on the floor to do it themselves. At some point the players need to man up and play! I get so tired of throwing all the blame on the staff. It's the players that are on the floor that play in these games. The coaches teach rebounding but they can't go out there and grab the rebounds for the players. The players need to step up and be accountable.

After three and a half years of watching this ****, I'm not sure how anyone could conclude that McDermott and his staff can coach.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I'm sorry, but if GMac and his coaching staff can coach, they wouldn't be 14-37 in big 12 play where almost literally half of those wins are to down teams Nebraska and Colorado.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
It all comes down to coaching and getting players to play at a high level, GMAC isn't the one no matter how you sugar coat it!

I disagree. Rebounding is one example that we've been struggling with. I've seen the staff work with these guys. I've seen them teach boxing out. But at the end of the day McD and his staff can't go out there and actually grab the rebound. The players need to step up and play.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

so because the coaches aren't completely incompetent they should be retained to run a big 12 program?

We're going to get killed in conference.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Start 'em:

Garrett
Boozer
Brackins
Christopherson
Hamilton/Staiger

I don't care if you call a TO immediately and switch it up. Give it to the guys who are putting out effort.

I'm sick of Gilstrap pouting on the bench and Dendy making bonehead moves, not playing defense and bricking FT's.

Why start Christopherson? He does not produce many points for the minutes he plays and he never goes after a board. How could you not start Gilstrap?

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
I disagree. Rebounding is one example that we've been struggling with. I've seen the staff work with these guys. I've seen them teach boxing out. But at the end of the day McD and his staff can't go out there and actually grab the rebound. The players need to step up and play.

havn't seen any teaching either sorry!