You're all looking at this the wrong way

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
I don't know why 99% of the posts on here are relating to how we need to find a new conference... you're looking at this the wrong way, people; grab life by the balls... BALLS

We'll assume the PAC10 + 6 and NU/MU to big 10 scenarios are correct. Here's what Pollard should be doing right now:

1. Collect exit fees from the 8 schools departing; throw party
  2. Apply war paint
  3. Contact KU/KSU presidents and ADs; maybe Colorado if they're the odd man out... if it's baylor, ignore them.
  4. With the support of the other ADs, tar and feather dan "cool underpressure" beebe, kick him out of the conference
  5. Assign chris williams as new commissioner. Position will be referred to as "Kommisar" from this point out.
  6. Send invites to top 8 MWC/Big East schools to regain our 12 school structure; no point in throwing out the history of the big 12 or any of its intellectual property.
  7. Once our feet are once again under us, since the conference owns the big 16 moniker (I believe), invite another 4 from out east to form the first 16 team MEGA-conference.
  8. Drink, dance, and enjoy life

PROBLEM SOLVED

Reactions: Cyfan322

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Might as well add Cure Cancer as #9 on the list, since all of this is so easy. :wink:

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I read on an ESPN CFB blog that some overtures to select MWC teams may have already been made.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don't know why 99% of the posts on here are relating to how we need to find a new conference... you're looking at this the wrong way, people; grab life by the balls... BALLS

We'll assume the PAC10 + 6 and NU/MU to big 10 scenarios are correct. Here's what Pollard should be doing right now:

2. Apply war paint
  3. Contact KU/KSU presidents and ADs; maybe Colorado if they're the odd man out... if it's baylor, ignore them.
  4. With the support of the other ADs, tar and feather dan "cool underpressure" beebe, kick him out of the conference
  5. Assign chris williams as new commissioner. Position will be referred to as "Kommisar" from this point out.
  6. Send invites to top 8 MWC/Big East schools to regain our 12 school structure; no point in throwing out the history of the big 12 or any of its intellectual property.
  7. Once our feet are once again under us, since the conference owns the big 16 moniker (I believe), invite another 4 from out east to form the first 16 team MEGA-conference.
PROBLEM SOLVED

The Kommisar's in town uh-oh!

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
That would be an ideal approach if we can find the leadership to pull it off. I would much rather try to pull from the MWC and Big East then hope someone else invites us to the party.

CycloneNC2015

Jul 28, 2009
Urbandale
I love the fact that there would be fees to be paid by the leaving teams to the remaining teams. Screw 'em!

If 8 teams leave the conference do we really think the exit fees are going to be paid to the remaining 4? I dont think so, those 8 would unite to disband the big12 thus leaving us high and dry.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

2. Apply war paint

PROBLEM SOLVED
You do realize if we ignore Baylor, they possibly become the 9th vote to dissolve the conference and all of this is moot correct?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If 8 teams leave the conference do we really think the exit fees are going to be paid to the remaining 4? I dont think so, those 8 would unite to disband the big12 thus leaving us high and dry.

I believe someone said itd take 9 votes to change the bylaws to do that.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
If I remember correctly there is a 9 million dollar buyout for a team to leave the Big XII conference.

Is that if they leave on a moment's notice, or no matter what?

For example, if Nebraska accepted a Big 10 invitation in 2010, but told the Big 10/Big XII that they're not going to change conferences until 2012, do they still have to pay the buy-out after giving 2-years notice?

Just curious how that all works.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
You do realize if we ignore Baylor, they possibly become the 9th vote to dissolve the conference and all of this is moot correct?

This is true. Baylor has to be scared out of their minds right now. I see the Sun Belt Conference picking up a Green & Gold member in the near future. No amount of political backdoor deals will get those turds into the PAC 10 if the rest of the South bails. Won't happen. They are either stuck with the rest of the leftovers or they will find themselves playing ULL, Troy, MTSU, etc.... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

CycloneNC2015

Jul 28, 2009
Urbandale
This is true. Baylor has to be scared out of their minds right now. I see the Sun Belt Conference picking up a Green & Gold member in the near future. No amount of political backdoor deals will get those turds into the PAC 10 if the rest of the South bails. Won't happen. They are either stuck with the rest of the leftovers or they will find themselves playing ULL, Troy, MTSU, etc.... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hillarious, considering we quite possibly could join them.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::confused:

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Through this whole thing, I was wondering how plausible it would be for the ISU, KU, K-State and CU to form up a new BigXII where the revenue is shared equally and everyone has a say. What if Nebraska and Mizzou join as well and we have more of a Big8 feel instead of Gordon Gekko, Wall Street smarmyness.

That way Nebraska could be king of the hill again and we'd maintain a majority of our old rivalries. This scinario would blindside people and be hilariously entertaining.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM

There wouldn't be any benefit in them doing that if they weren't leaving... all they'd accomplish is screwing themselves out of the exit fees

would the baptists do that just to prove a point?

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008

2. Apply war paint
PROBLEM SOLVED

Good idea. Wonder where I have just seen it in the last hour. Oh yeah...

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...wc-mac-may-not-only-option-2.html#post1749100