Top 25 Haters List, Funny top 25 poll

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
This was posted before.

Personally, I thought there weren't any more than perhaps one or two good lines in the whole thing. It tried too hard to be 'edgy' and profane, IMO.

Apr 7, 2010
A bit of a good jeer on the law troubles, but the agriculture bit was directed at the whole state, which includes ISU. :no: Minus the rape part, you could just insert ISU and it wouldn't change much, pretty shoddy stuff all around.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
The writer apparently didn't have very many funny things to say so he just used lots of profanity for shock value. Maybe he should have had someone from WRNL right it for him.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
reminds me of Maddox back before he sucked.

Maddox was on Penn and Teller last season (old people episode) - seeing him for the first time, I couldn't believe that he was Maddox. Does not look at all like a guy who would write "The Alphabet of Manliness." I barely remember when he didn't suck... "Ding! Ding! Ding! Here comes the..." from the crummy children's art was and still is pretty funny in my book.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
The writer apparently didn't have very many funny things to say so he just used lots of profanity for shock value. Maybe he should have had someone from WRNL right it for him.
Maybe if you're that uptight you just shouldn't read it. Or, maybe you'd like to suck our collective *****, Mr. Garrison.
Found it enjoyable you are bashing someone's writing when you can't even spell write right.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
personally I love this kind of stuff, but you also have to be able to laugh at yourself and be able to not take everything seriously. It is a helpful skill in real life to be able to take a joke. I'm suprised there are so many uptight people here.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
personally I love this kind of stuff, but you also have to be able to laugh at yourself and be able to not take everything seriously. It is a helpful skill in real life to be able to take a joke. I'm suprised there are so many uptight people here.
Being born in the 1930s will have that effect on you.

Reactions: Benny34

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Being born in the 1930s will have that effect on you.

There's a difference between being uptight and not finding profanity used for nothing more than shock value funny. I mean South Park uses a ton of profanity, but they use it with funny material. I don't mind the profanity at all. I just didn't think the material that went with it was all that funny. I didn't get upset about it, I just found most of it kind of boring.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010

Which would be true if it was funny. There's a way to do satire and cynicism, and this really didn't have much of it. Again, it just seemed to try too hard.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
There's a difference between being uptight and not finding profanity used for nothing more than shock value funny. I mean South Park uses a ton of profanity, but they use it with funny material. I don't mind the profanity at all. I just didn't think the material that went with it was all that funny. I didn't get upset about it, I just found most of it kind of boring.

Which would be true if it was funny. There's a way to do satire and cynicism, and this really didn't have much of it. Again, it just seemed to try too hard.

Both are Hawk fans...neither are amused. Lighten up Francis.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Both are Hawk fans...neither are amused. Lighten up Francis.

I wasn't amused by the others either. But of course it's easier to assume "Well they're Hawk fans, that must be why." You know, it IS possible that we have other reasons for thinking it's not all that funny. Kind of like how Munchausen's patients actually DO get sick from time to time, just like the rest of us. Just because they are usually lying doesn't mean they ALWAYS are.

There were also one or two Clone fans who didn't really find it funny, either. But like a Clown (and I rarely throw that around. Clowns to me are like Tavern Hoks are to you guys), you ignore them and want to make it out like only Hawk fans don't find it amusing.

Last edited:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I wasn't amused by the others either. But of course it's easier to assume "Well they're Hawk fans, that must be why." You know, it IS possible that we have other reasons for thinking it's not all that funny. Kind of like how Munchausen's patients actually DO get sick from time to time, just like the rest of us. Just because they are usually lying doesn't mean they ALWAYS are.

There were also one or two Clone fans who didn't really find it funny, either. But like a Clown (and I rarely throw that around. Clowns to me are like Tavern Hoks are to you guys), you ignore them and want to make it out like only Hawk fans don't find it amusing.

No, I ignore them because this is CycloneFanatic. They are Cyclone fans. On a Cyclone site. You are a Hawk fan. You are obviously lost.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
No, I ignore them because this is CycloneFanatic. They are Cyclone fans. On a Cyclone site. You are a Hawk fan. You are obviously lost.

Wow, for some reason the posters who are really dense around here have been coming around the past day or so.

If your logic for why the two Hawk fans didn't find it funny was because they are Hawk fans, then what reason do the Cyclone fans who don't like it have? It's flawed logic to assume we don't find it funny because we're Hawk fans when CYLCONE fans also didn't find it humorous. Maybe it's just not really that funny to everyone?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

South Park? South Park is the definition of using something profane for shock value. South Park humor about as bottom of the barrell as it comes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron