The start of the season starts TONIGHT!!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I taught I taw a putty tat!!!

puttytat.jpg

Oh well

owned-cat.jpg

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
There are several players you could use the "maybe (insert name) could do this." Lots of these guys need to man up.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Maybe Alex could do the same thing.

I don't think that one's coming back out anytime soon.

A lot of people are harping on the GP position, but Diante has what, 4 games at the major college level? Jiri is roughly 34 years old.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
MAYBE McD will start DG and leave him in for more than 3 minutes...sorry...couldn't resist. Something tells me Peterson gets big minutes at point tonight because their guards don't have athletisism like we see from other teams. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing because I am HUGE DG fan and I think he needs more time on the court to gain the prescious experience he needs.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
The performance of Haluska goes to show how what is witnessed in scrimmages, capitol league games, and early practices does not necessarily transfer to how he does on the court in real time situations. If I had a rep point for every post on here I've read over the last few months of how so-and-so looks so amazing, I'd surpass brainhos in rep level. Hopefully the guys who've struggled early find a groove soon and get used to game speed.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'd like everyone who chided me for thinking that SH might not be the next Hornacek to personally apologize to me. I accept chocolate, as well as cash.

;)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If I had a rep point for every post telling me I was an idiot for not expecting anything out of Haluska, I might have a million rep points.

There is still a lot of games left and I hope Sean can turn it on though.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I don't care if I sound like chicken little...this game is a must win. Lose tonight and the season is on the ropes. With the quality of the Big 12 this year losing 3 games this early would be horrible.

Let's go Cyclones!

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
perhaps we could place a bet on who starts the OFFICIAL UNI Game Thread, and what score they list in the first post to start it with.... e.g. 10-6, ISU 14:30 first half... I love these kinds of threads... Why use game tracker, instead just read through a thread with everyone posting the score throughout the game.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Other than hustle, Sean hasn't been close to the guy I saw in the summer. Making more than one shot wouldn't suck.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
The Panther fans in attendance will no doubt be annoying as all get out. I've heard rumors of "just like football" chants...time for us to kick some ***

If it's the fat drunk chick that sat by me at the football game, just tell her to go lose weight. That kept her out of my face.

Aaron Jacobs

Sep 24, 2007
Robins, IA
I hope Jiri can contain Eglseder he's 7'1" 265 and is starting over Coleman this year. On top of that, when Coleman does come in off the bench I hear he gives the team an energy boost.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
So what's he do, bring Red Bulls onto the court for everyone? I think everyone knows that he's a good player...it's really odd that he's not starting.

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
So what's he do, bring Red Bulls onto the court for everyone? I think everyone knows that he's a good player...it's really odd that he's not starting.

It is odd. Watching Eglseder last year I would have said there is zero chance he starts over Coleman this year.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Eglseder is a weird player. I saw him a lot in high school and even played against him twice. I always walked away thinking he was a wuss. He used his height and did nothing else. He would just stand under the basket and wait for the ball. Me and MaxPower57 could push him around but it didn't matter because of his height. He had some of the worst foot work know to man. And yet somehow he has developed into a good college player.

I still think he is a soft little girl.

Last edited: