First Round NCAA in Des Moines

dsg4cy

Jan 4, 2015
Sorry if this has been posted before.....

Since ISU is hosting this regional, do season ticket holders/Cyclone Club members get first crack at tickets or anything like that? Just curious.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Sorry if this has been posted before.....

Since ISU is hosting this regional, do season ticket holders/Cyclone Club members get first crack at tickets or anything like that? Just curious.

they did but it was almost a year ago that we had to order them.

But it that does beg the question. Has anyone got their tickets yet?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Hmm, so my question is...how many tickets remain if Iowa ends up being sent there? Would be kinda funny if they land there (very likely) and they don't have a very large crowd because ISU fans sold tickets to the other bigger team there (Kansas).

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
they did but it was almost a year ago that we had to order them.

But it that does beg the question. Has anyone got their tickets yet?

I haven't but my email months ago said where my seats are section/row wise.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I have an e-mail from Sept. 29th saying where my seats will be located and that tickets will be sent out no later than Feb. 19th.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Hmm, so my question is...how many tickets remain if Iowa ends up being sent there? Would be kinda funny if they land there (very likely) and they don't have a very large crowd because ISU fans sold tickets to the other bigger team there (Kansas).

if ISU isn't playing there I have no problem selling to iowa fans. or whoever pays the most for them. and if Iowa and KU go there we all just got paid.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Des Moines has been sold out for some time now. I think there is probably some hold back until teams are announced, but I you can still get tickets to all of the other 1st/2nd Round sites. I bought some in the Lower Level in St. Louis hoping Iowa State goes there.

How awesome would that be... raking Iowa and Kansas fans over the coals for tickets.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Des Moines has been sold out for some time now. I think there is probably some hold back until teams are announced, but I you can still get tickets to all of the other 1st/2nd Round sites. I bought some in the Lower Level in St. Louis hoping Iowa State goes there.

How awesome would that be... raking Iowa and Kansas fans over the coals for tickets.

thats my plan. I knew Des Moines would sell out. I'm planning on selling to Kansas fans.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I missed my chance to buy tickets in that initial round last spring, but got 7 of the "fan experience" tickets for session 2. Will be in section 206. Wish I had tickets to all of the sessions though as selling to Iowa or Kansas fans would be a good money maker. Just hoping whatever the fan experience is doesn't suck and that Iowa State is not playing Thursday night.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
If I had tickets, there is no way I would sell to Iowa fans. Kansas fans sure and I would charge an arm and a leg.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
if ISU isn't playing there I have no problem selling to iowa fans. or whoever pays the most for them. and if Iowa and KU go there we all just got paid.

Exactly. I bought extras for just this reason and I intend to profit handsomely.

That said, anyone got any ticket-selling strategies? Anyone tracked NCAA ticket prices before? Ticket resale prices are already high, but is it safe to assume they will skyrocket once the actual brackets are announced?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm now wishing I bought tickets last year. Even if you don't sell them, this is an awesome experience for Des Moines even though ISU can't play there.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'm now wishing I bought tickets last year. Even if you don't sell them, this is an awesome experience for Des Moines even though ISU can't play there.

my plan is to go to one session and sell the other sessions based on who is playing. if KU/Iowa are in the same two0game session I could see prices for that single session being near $500/ticket for the cheap seats.

johnstoncy

Oct 18, 2006
Johnston
www.rtsports.com

Yes, if the weather cooperates Thursday will be a lot of fun. It's St. Pat's day so Irish coffee followed by basketball Session 1 followed by green beer followed by basketball Session 2 followed by some sort of recovery :wideeyed:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have two all session passes and I am praying Iowa and KU go there. Would pay a lot of my summer Europe vacation