Random Thoughts VII 'Merica (RTTVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
SIL asked if I could fly her to a wedding in Michigan in June and said it is just on the other side of the lake. So I look into it. She is right it is just on the other side of the lake... the issue is that is a long Lake and it turns out this place is between Traverse City and Mackinaw. Now I am not about to cross lake Michigan in a single engine piston plane so I would go around the southern tip (insert innuendo joke here. I did a quick flight plan and it would only take 4.5-5 hours with good weather which is obviously much shorter than the time to drive. The round trip cost though would be $1,200....we won't be making this trip.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Had a friend get a gigantic Prince tribute tattoo on her forearm. Not once have I ever heard her so much as even mention Prince in the entire time I've known her.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Had a friend get a gigantic Prince tribute tattoo on her forearm. Not once have I ever heard her so much as even mention Prince in the entire time I've known her.

My gf is a little ****** at me for not giving a **** about Prince being dead. I have never known a Prince fan my entire life.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It makes my heart sad.
Speaking of sad. Was channel flipping and ended up watching a PBS Frontline report/documentary following a family with four kids from Syria to Germany. No dad as I am guessing his abduction by ISIS was probably a fatal one. Really moving stuff. Lots of from the kids perspective. Follows them from 2013 to now.

The story of four children surviving in war-torn Aleppo, and their escape to a new life in Germany.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/children-of-syria/

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
sounds like your gf is

We would get high and I would have her listen to Interpol and Radiohead and she would make me listen to Cat Power (awesome) and Fleet Foxes (terrible). I guess I'm just like let's save our sorrow for somebody that needs it.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Way to get the Naz thread shut down GTO
Zero f**ks given.

tumblr_lrcesx9q171r30wmco1_500.gif

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I miss Bode. :cry:

Remember when he would give us the dumbest names as insults, like cyhasnopants or cyclonefoolzzz? And how he would come back from a weekend banning and go all scorched earth on an open letter to the mods? Those were the days. We were all so young and innocent back then.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Remember when he would give us the dumbest names as insults, like cyhasnopants or cyclonefoolzzz? And how he would come back from a weekend banning and go all scorched earth on an open letter to the mods? Those were the days. We were all so young and innocent back then.

Shut up PeeTO!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Reasons why I despise Starbucks

1. Insane price
2. Insane price
3. Just call it what it ******* is
4. Pretentious customers
5. They never get your damn name right

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Don't usually click on this thread but I just happened to this morning and saw this post. Gave me all sorts of feels. Whenever Bode posted It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. RIP Bode

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Not me, I was born old and guilty.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Speaking of sad. Was channel flipping and ended up watching a PBS Frontline report/documentary following a family with four kids from Syria to Germany. No dad as I am guessing his abduction by ISIS was probably a fatal one. Really moving stuff. Lots of from the kids perspective. Follows them from 2013 to now.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/children-of-syria/

I watched this the other night! Like you said, really moving.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
woof, exciting night for me. Sleeping on the couch by 10:30 then hauled myself to bed before midnight. Not too much soreness this morning though so about to spend another exciting day landscaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.