New gold uniforms?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Cade, when are you going to stop tweeting at recruits?

Once Wigginton announces his school. I stopped doing it there for a really long time. Why do only I get called out for it? His tweet asking for the Cyclone fans to show him some love got tons of replies. I wasn't the only one.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Once Wigginton announces his school. I stopped doing it there for a really long time. Why do only I get called out for it? His tweet asking for the Cyclone fans to show him some love got tons of replies. I wasn't the only one.
B87IyX6CEAEx_Ir.jpg

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: JBone84 and isu2014

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I don't think you realize how handsome Matt Thomas will look in a gold jersey.

He would be more handsome holding up the NCAA tournament 1st place trophy over his head this coming April 2017

Reactions: jcyclonee

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Gold helmets?

A gold helmet with a flat red logo and a red stripe (or stripes) would look pretty good with the standard home uni. I am not a fan of the two-color uniform (think we could use a third, i.e. white), but if we are going to use it then matching the helmet and pants and having the jersey be the other color is good

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm not a fan of the logo, it looks out of place. The logo is great for football helmets but just doesn't look natural on the front of a bball jersey.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and SoapyCy

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I just like being branded. The marketing guys really getting in our heads....it is so pleasant. A Focus Group with little dialy things turning them if they like the jersey or if they don't like the jersey.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I dig it as an alternate-gold -0- although I'd be fine continuing with "Cyclones" for the gold. I do think I-state logo seems to dwarf the numeral, too close in size, but the example of other schools earlier in thread, it's similar to that.

If this is used, will they retain both that and CYCLONES? Either they'd use it more often or it'd be only about 1 use per season for each.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Although I'm still not a huge fan of this logo on the chest idea, I'm for anything that makes the players and recruits happy. I like "cyclones" across the chest; maybe we could put it on our white home uniforms. It would be like most MLB teams- city name on road unis and nickname on homes.