Can we talk about Nebraska?...

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Riley was the right cultural change after the Pelini brothers BS. But he is not working out. Nebraska losing to Northern Illinois at home is unacceptable. Riley will be gone after next year, if not sooner.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Riley was the right cultural change after the Pelini brothers BS. But he is not working out. Nebraska losing to Northern Illinois at home is unacceptable. Riley will be gone after next year, if not sooner.

And the coach after him will be gone as well. Nebraska football is dead. They put themselves on an island for recruiting by moving to the Big 10 and took money over success. They will never recover

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
And the coach after him will be gone as well. Nebraska football is dead. They put themselves on an island for recruiting by moving to the Big 10 and took money over success. They will never recover
I agree, unless they are able to somehow to hire a young Nick Sabin, Urban Meyer, Bill Snyder, etc. They have the money to pull it off. They also have the money to bring in an established coach.

But you are right - they took the B1G money and left themselves on a recruiting island.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
When Nebraska left the Big 12, a significant piece of their recruiting footprint went away.
Texas kids want to play in SEC and Big 12, Big 10 is not a primary destination choice.

They are experiencing a bit of what ISU has to deal with, in a conference where they are outside the footprint.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree with this 100%.

I was as very suprised and skeptical about Riley from day 1. The hire never made sense and isn't working. Nebraska is still a big name and deserves better.
Agree - the hire never made sense. There are many very good coaches out there that would have jumped at Nebraska. Two first-year coaches at lesser programs in the Big Ten, Brohm at Purdue and Fleck at Minn, would have lit it up at Neb IMO.
AD Eichorst has to be on the hot seat.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
I find it highly entertaining to read the absolutely comical hysterics by several posters that kNU deserves better than what they are getting. F them. I am happier than a hok getting several bad calls from the refs to beat NT yesterday! Ol' thug apologist Osborne was pretty quick to run when a research school like TexAss demanded the conference stop taking Prop 48 Sign your X players. Nebby thrived on those along with all the grayshirts they piled up. They are the bottom feeder in the b1g like mizzou in sec. Cry me a river somewhere else - sweet justice it is! Better then NIU beating the cornsuckers is the strip fumble of TexAss by USC. Ref from Pella was not at game so fumble recovery stood! F all of them. GO CLONES!

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Tom Shatel suggests apathy may set in if they keep being a .500 team. The Huskers have two wins in the future games with the rest appearing to be slamfests. The injuries are piling up signifying what happens to an average team. There are no true stars left except Stanley Morgan Jr who is banged up. The clouds are getting darker in Lincoln as people realize Mike Riley is just an average nice guy coach with few answers. Eichorst is sweating bullets as well he should be. Can the Huskers play in the MAC? Maybe not after watching yesterday. Tanner Lee is the next coming of Ryan Leaf.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Dear Nebraska and Missouri,

I would like to be magnanimous and say I am sorry for your struggles. But, I just can't. Suck it. Maybe if you ask nicely, we would let you come back someday.

Reactions: intrepid27