Matt Lauer Fired

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It has never crossed my mind to call a woman into my office and just go pantless. I believe it happened, but have a hard time understanding the action, iykwim

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Only once out of the 15 or so encounters. (j/k)

Honestly, I'd have no problem with his comments if it was a coworker. But when I work for a supplier and I'm visiting his workplace. The last thing I want to do is create a scene at one of our customers. If I turn him down, who knows if he's friends with the purchasing manager? If he asks me out and I say yes, will I get my company in trouble if I dump him later on? I'm in a catch 22.

I just smile and say yes it's been awhile, and end the conversation as quickly and tactfully as possible.
Just tell him your company doesn't allow relationships with clients.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
After reading this, I find it hard believing that his 2 cohosts, who were so shocked this morning, had no prior knowledge of this

You knew it was pervasive when he just accepted his firing. You don't go down without a fight for a 25 million job unless you know you're caught and it's bad.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He's 59, with all the money he's made over the years I doubt he's too worried about taking early retirement now. All the details coming out about why he got fired is not so surprising now. Probably have been building a case on him for awhile now and just needed someone to come forward to proceed with terminating him.

The big question is when and who is going to be the next high profile person that is fired or forced to resign as these kinds of stories seem to be coming out of the woodwork a lot more frequently now.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You knew it was pervasive when he just accepted his firing. You don't go down without a fight for a 25 million job unless you know you're caught and it's bad.

When you send your colleague a sex toy with a note explaining how you are going to use it on her, denial becomes difficult. Oh, I forgot the "can't you take a joke" bit. Sounds like the wife knew he was at least a cheater, and perhaps maybe even a harasser.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
When you send your colleague a sex toy with a note explaining how you are going to use it on her, denial becomes difficult. Oh, I forgot the "can't you take a joke" bit. Sounds like the wife knew he was at least a cheater, and perhaps maybe even a harasser.

What the actual ****?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He's 59, with all the money he's made over the years I doubt he's too worried about taking early retirement now. All the details coming out about why he got fired is not so surprising now. Probably have been building a case on him for awhile now and just needed someone to come forward to proceed with terminating him.

The big question is when and who is going to be the next high profile person that is fired or forced to resign as these kinds of stories seem to be coming out of the woodwork a lot more frequently now.

That money may be needed for lawsuits.

CRCy

Sep 13, 2016

No kidding. Seriously how the hell can people be so stupid? I mean seriously, get a grip.

I guess it's just like dealing with a kid to a certain extent if you let them get away with something they will just keep pushing that line to see how far they can take it before they get in trouble for it.

And that Variety article contradicts the statement made by the NBC exec that this was the first complaint. Just unreal.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm still dumbfounded at all the men who talk to women without pants and they think it works. Has it ever.

I remember a party at college where a football player was standing on a table ( I had just showed up) I looked up just as he turned and pulled his zumbas (yes zumbas) down to show his junk to these two women. They didn't want to see it by their reaction, I guarantee I had no desire to see that. The women were with another group of guys. Everyone starting yelling at him and my buddy and I left, not what we wanted to be around. Didn't work then either.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm still dumbfounded at all the men who talk to women without pants and they think it works. Has it ever.

I remember a party at college where a football player was standing on a table ( I had just showed up) I looked up just as he turned and pulled his zumbas (yes zumbas) down to show his junk to these two women. They didn't want to see it by their reaction, I guarantee I had no desire to see that. The women were with another group of guys. Everyone starting yelling at him and my buddy and I left, not what we wanted to be around. Didn't work then either.

50/50 depends on the audience.

Rather

Jul 21, 2014
50/50 depends on the audience.
Every single girl I know has been sent a picture of some dude’s junk, and they all claim they didn’t like, but these guys have to be having some success with it right?