Board Game Meet-Up Thread

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I’ll be there, wanna play dungeons and dragons?

My older brother is 46. He still drives up to Ames weekly to play D&D with friends from college. I never played nearly as much as he did, but he grew up in the D&D heyday. I think about his dorky youth when I watch Stranger Things.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Euchre is a good game. Wife’s family is from Dubuque and they all taught me how to play. They play it a lot.
I haven't played Euchre for about 15 years. I used to be pretty good at it though.
I picked it up during college a few years ago from an Eastern-Iowa friend of mine. Said the area over there is pretty heavy with Euchre players. From that time I also learned to play Spades, Hearts, 500, occasionally worked on my poker, ... good times.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This. Somebody somewhere has to have a connection where we can play right?

I think everyone graduated from ISU, so that doesn't help us get into the Rec. We played outside in Ankeny once, but that requires the weather to cooperate.

If someone, anyone could find an indoor court it would be awesome. I'd be willing to chip in a little cash in necessary and wouldn't be too much if we split it between everyone. I had to pay for the Rec anyways.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
This. Somebody somewhere has to have a connection where we can play right?
I play weekly at a church in WDM. Free walk-in pickup, 7:30 on Wednesdays, WDMCC (church right by Valley). Lasts about an hour to hour and a half on average, depending on number of players.

It also looks like we could use Pioneer Columbus rec center.

• Informative
Reactions: cjs24 and cyhiphopp

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would love to join a regular poker game. However, in Cedar Rapids / Iowa City area.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
For those of you in the CR/IC area or like to travel, Gamicon is being held Feb 23-25 at the Cedar Rapids Marriott. I'm still negotiating with my wife and kid sitters whether I can attend or not..