All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He had 6 less tackles and 1 less sack in less defensive snaps than Golston, what a mountain...

I like your confidence.

Looks like ZP played in all 13 and started 9. Given the up-tempo play in the Big 12 and Iowa's ball control style offense, I'd bet their number of snaps were closer than you think.

Last edited:

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I like your confidence.

Looks like ZP played in all 13 and started 9. Given the up-tempo play in the Big 12 and Iowa's ball control style offense, I'd bet their number of snaps were closer than you think.

Peterson basically just played special teams and only the occasional series till Bailey’s injury. Even after ISU had McDonald and Leo playing in rotation. Iowa played Epenesa and Gholson basically every play. It’s not that close.

Last edited:

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Tyler Goodson maybe. Competition between him and Hall this year might be a good one.
It will be interesting to see how Jirehl Brock developed and if they end up becoming a 1-2 punch like Campbell has had in the past on Toledo teams. But even then, Goodson is a quality average back that Iowa gets and will be hard to beat out

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Let’s get back on track, who are three players from each school that will threaten to take a spot on the All-Iowa team in 2020?

1. Xavier Hutchinson
2. Joey Ramos
3. Isheem Young
1 and 2 are great picks. I think Ramos is gonna be big time this year. Another lineman I'm hoping has developed is Rob Hudson. Dude is a monster size wise, but can he use those tools? Hopefully so.

My third pick would be hard to narrow down, a plethora of DL i think could have breakout years including Isaiah Lee, Blake Peterson or the Bankston

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
1 and 2 are great picks. I think Ramos is gonna be big time this year. Another lineman I'm hoping has developed is Rob Hudson. Dude is a monster size wise, but can he use those tools? Hopefully so.

My third pick would be hard to narrow down, a plethora of DL i think could have breakout years including Isaiah Lee, Blake Peterson or the Bankston
Defensive line will definitely be interesting. ISU has some dudes there.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It will be interesting to see how Jirehl Brock developed and if they end up becoming a 1-2 punch like Campbell has had in the past on Toledo teams. But even then, Goodson is a quality average back that Iowa gets and will be hard to beat out
This is a good point. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Hall @ 900 yards and Brock around 600 or so.

Going to be a HECK of a 1-2 punch.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
If we don't have a 2020 season, and it looks like a possibility at this point, does Purdy make the jump to the NFL in the 2021 draft?