For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just finished Episode 6 of WandaVision. Applause for Marvel as they keep upping things with this series.

No spoilers but if you are a Stranger Things fan you will like this episode as in my opinion it had a lot of those vibes throughout it.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Captain Marvel 2 is coming together. Brie Larson coming back (obviously) and actress Zawe Ashton just announced as playing the villain (exact role not confirmed).

Worth noting: Captain Marvel 2 is written by Megan McDonnell who is a story editor for WandaVision. Actresses Ilan Millani, who will play Ms Marvel in the upcoming Disney+ series, and Teyonah Parris who plays Monica Rambeau in WandaVision will also appear in the movie.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Captain Marvel 2 is coming together. Brie Larson coming back (obviously) and actress Zawe Ashton just announced as playing the villain (exact role not confirmed).

Worth noting: Captain Marvel 2 is written by Megan McDonnell who is a story editor for WandaVision. Actresses Ilan Millani, who will play Ms Marvel in the upcoming Disney+ series, and Teyonah Parris who plays Monica Rambeau in WandaVision will also appear in the movie.

Ms. Marvel in the comics looks up to Captain Marvel. Why she chooses the name. I like the actress for Monica Rambeau as well so I think that'll be fun.

I've been to a few movies since COVID hit. I think I'll see Black Widow and Raya and the Last Dragon in the theater. I basically see every kids movie and Marvel movie in the theater. When I've gone at like 3:00 on a Tuesday afternoon I've been the only person there every time.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Disney+ currently at 94.9 million subscribers. That was the number as of Jan 2, and does not account for any new subscribers that may have signed up for WandaVision.

At the launch of Disney+, Disney announced that they hoped to reach 90 million subscribers in 4 years, and they eclipsed that number in just 14 months. They have revised that goal to reach 230-260 million subscribers by 2024.

Whispers are that Disney is using Raya and the Last Dragon, which will be same day launch in theaters and Premier Access on Disney+, as a test to see if Black Widow will need to do the same. Black Widow is still set for a theatrical release only, but it appears that Disney is still flexible on that as well as the May release date:

Sounds like Feige is the big one fighting for it to stay in theaters:

I personally just hope they do a hybrid release as I'm both tired of waiting and theaters are open anyway around me, so I'll still be able to go. Yeah, I'm a bit selfish. Sue me.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If 10% of Disney+ subscribers were to pay premier access ($29.99) for Black Widow it would come out to $284 million which would rank #16 (out of 24) for domestic MCU releases. Pair that with box office numbers and I think Disney would be foolish not to try it.
So would that be #16 for box office? I don't know how the fee structures work, but I'm sure Disney wouldn't be getting 100% of box office, so it would rank even higher in terms of actual net profit for Disney.

I would go to a theater to see it depending on how things are going pandemic wise. I don't see movie theaters disappearing entirely, but I do think we are going to see a lot of them dissappear and a metro like DSM may only have 3 or 4 total in the future.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So would that be #16 for box office? I don't know how the fee structures work, but I'm sure Disney wouldn't be getting 100% of box office, so it would rank even higher in terms of actual net profit for Disney.

I would go to a theater to see it depending on how things are going pandemic wise. I don't see movie theaters disappearing entirely, but I do think we are going to see a lot of them dissappear and a metro like DSM may only have 3 or 4 total in the future.

Agree on all counts here.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I would go to a theater to see it depending on how things are going pandemic I don't see movie theaters disappearing entirely, but I do think we are going to see a lot of them dissappear and a metro like DSM may only have 3 or 4 total in the future.

I disagree.

We actually were seeing a good amount of new theater construction pre-pandemic. Look at des moines, within the last several years we'd already seen new theaters in Altoona, Ankeny, Waukee, and Des Moines, and Alamo Drafthouse was talking about moving in downtown.

Its just changing in quality and format. We're not going to see as many giant auditoriums. We'll see more multiplexes with multiple auditoriums, and high quality audio\video, along with premium food and drink offerings- focusing on the elements that home viewing doesnt compete with for most.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Argh, this was one I really wish I could have just moved on to the next episode to watch what happens! The fallout from the last scene here is going to be huge. Interesting that alt-Quicksilver seems to be the only entity (aside from Vision) that seems to be free from Wanda’s control. Either that, or his omniscience is a result of Wanda losing control over her pocket universe.

Reactions: cyfanatic

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Also, everyone theorizing about this show is constantly calling out Mephisto as the villain behind all of this ... I wouldn’t be surprised, after all this time, for to all turn out to be ... “Wanda... it’s all Wanda...”

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Argh, this was one I really wish I could have just moved on to the next episode to watch what happens! The fallout from the last scene here is going to be huge. Interesting that alt-Quicksilver seems to be the only entity (aside from Vision) that seems to be free from Wanda’s control. Either that, or his omniscience is a result of Wanda losing control over her pocket universe.

He seemed to be probing wanda for a lot of information. I wonder if he's the secret Hayward was hiding.

• Informative
Reactions: BryceC

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Herb also fits that description. He's one of the few characters that seems to have free-will. He is in charge of the "neighborhood watch" and is also the next door neighbor to Wanda & Vision. Is he able to keep surveillance and report back to someone through the illusion? It was also Herb, not Agnes, that tried to tell Vision "we're all (trapped)" back in episode 3, and both he and Agnes were aware that Geraldine/Monica Rambeau was "new to town."

Agnes also seems to be aware as well, but her actions in this episode have raised questions about that.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This show is really coming on strong. Episodes are never long enough. I have a feeling quicksilver and vision are simply golems Wanda has created. Vision using his body and quicksilver was a body she just pulled from somewhere and they both have personalities based of Wandas memories of them rather than it being their own. I think their lack of memory before death proves it.
It seems Monica is getting her Photon powers which will be interesting. I do wonder if they are planing the creation of mutants via wanda’s crazy town of Westview? Perhaps the mutant gene is a creation of Wanda changing everyone’s DNA at the molecular level like Monica. Maybe those that survive her happy little town will gain some type of mutation going forward. I don’t know how I feel about bringing in mutants in a completely new way but it could be a way.
Without any of the x-men side of Wanda’s story, I don’t see anywhere she fits into the story going forward. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up making her a full villain that dies in the Dr Strange movie but who knows.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This show is really coming on strong. Episodes are never long enough. I have a feeling quicksilver and vision are simply golems Wanda has created. Vision using his body and quicksilver was a body she just pulled from somewhere and they both have personalities based of Wandas memories of them rather than it being their own.
It seems Monica is getting her Photon powers which will be interesting. I do wonder if they are planing the creation of mutants via wanda’s crazy town of Westview? Perhaps the mutant gene is a creation of Wanda changing everyone’s DNA at the molecular level like Monica. Maybe those that survive her happy little town will gain some time of mutation going forward. I don’t know how I feel about bringing in mutants in a completely new way but it could be a way.
Without any of the x-men side of Wanda’s story, I don’t see anywhere she fits into the story going forward. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up making her a full villain that dies in the Dr Strange movie but who knows.

I think this could definitely be how they get mutants into the MCU. It’d be crazy if they did something that huge in a TV show.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
AFAIK all the MCU shows will be self-contained within one season. Think of them like limited series comic runs.
Do we know how many episodes in this then? Seems after episode 6 that there’s a lot of stuff going on to wrap up neatly in one season

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Do we know how many episodes in this then? Seems after episode 6 that there’s a lot of stuff going on to wrap up neatly in one season

Doubt it wraps up neatly. Feige has said all along this leads into Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.