Anyone getting new golf clubs if the snow ever melts?

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
If money wasn't an issue, Here is my perfect set

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max2
Fairway wood: Titleist 913F
Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Forged SEL
Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled (54 & 60)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Ball: I use the Titleist Pro V1X

Shoes: Footjoy (most comfortable)

I own the fairway wood titleist 913F, The vokey wedges, I just bought the Scotty Cameron Futua 6M putter. The new Mizuno irons are like $1,400 and the driver is $500. I'll wait to buy those used at some point.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I’d strongly recommend a fitting if you’re planning on investing a decent chunk of money and plan to have them for awhile.

I’m going to be getting fitted again in the next couple of months.

Reactions: jbclone10

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I’d strongly recommend a fitting if you’re planning on investing a decent chunk of money and plan to have them for awhile.

The computer equipment they used for my fitting was pretty cool. If the computer was right, I'm good to go. Hit them straightest and farther than any other set and I doubled up on a few sets just to make sure. Also went with extra large grips cause you know what they say about golfers with big hands.

Reactions: TheJackWePack5

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have cobras and the wife has ping irons and Taylor made woods. Her clubs put mine to shame and were about the same price. From North Iowa golf in Mason city. We both have men’s clubs. the salesman is a successful HS golf coach and said chesty women do best with longer clubs (yes that is pretty much set up for TWSS type jokes). I would go with pings and Taylor mares now.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I have cobras and the wife has ping irons and Taylor made woods. Her clubs put mine to shame and were about the same price. From North Iowa golf in Mason city. We both have men’s clubs. the salesman is a successful HS golf coach and said chesty women do best with longer clubs (yes that is pretty much set up for TWSS type jokes). I would go with pings and Taylor mares now.
Chesty women normally do get to play with longer clubs.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

I'm trying to imagine a salesman sharing that little tidbit of info gracefully haha.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm trying to imagine a salesman sharing that little tidbit of info gracefully haha.
I was there also, I don't remember the exact words but was tastefully done. Basically said that he had noticed over the years of coaching that females that were bustier did better with men's clubs because they seemed to "get in the way" of their swings.

So, if your wife uses women's clubs.......my condolensces.

• Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
For those of you with Costco memberships, they just starting selling their private label Kingland wedges. Consists of 52 degree gap/approach wedge, 56 degree sand wedge and 60 degree lob wedge. All for $160 (plus tax). Supposedly similar to the Titlest Vokey wedges. I needed a new sand wedge and had a cheap $25 Wilson 60 degree, so I made the purchase (arrived last week). Reviews are available on YouTube and have received solid reviews.
Costco is also now selling a Kirkland putter for around $150 that supposedly compared to the $300 putters (looks like an Scotty Cameron putter to me). Review said it was one of the hottest golf products on the market.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I'll probably do this and wait for my swing to get back to normal. Getting fit with my rusty winter swing might be a mistake. Plus I have some things I want to work on first. I've said the last sentence for the last 2 decades.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We should have “ what’s in the bag?” Thread. I’m always interested to see what people are playing.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
We should have “ what’s in the bag?” Thread. I’m always interested to see what people are playing.

Create one. I’ll participate.

I need new irons, and I’ve done a few fittings over the years, so I have an idea what to go with next.

In all honestly, fittings are not the most comfortable environment for me though.