Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Fred is realistically the best candidate we could hope for. If he wants to come back, and the donor money is there, I think it's a no brainer.

However, at this point I will be happy with pretty much any coach other than Prohm for next year. Just start fresh and support the hell out of whoever it is

1614952728463.png

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Well from a recruiting and relationship standpoint TJ would be good. He recruits the areas/region we need to historically to be good. That was always a head scratcher for me on Prohm since most of his recruiting connections are in the south.

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
holy cow we agree

ill be honest tho, i dont want either.

where do you sit, cat?

Usually at my desk since they moved us to work from home a year ago.

I’ve said all along, if I had my pick of somewhat realistic options, I’d take porter moser in a heartbeat. I think the guy is a great coach. I also like chris Mooney, since he’s actually done what we’d be asking prohm to do if he came back, rebuild from his program cratering while he was the head coach.

But now, whoever is manipulating this narrative, has Fred front and center again.

I’m not so sentimental to think if his name were John smith people would be all excited about his resume, one sweet 16, and then an upset loss and what he’s done since leaving the school where he had that success. but symbolically he means more to this place than anyone could.

• Dumb
Reactions: ISUTex and Kurttr

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I find it amusing that some of the same posters who completely fell for the Travis Hines "sleeping on luggage" story in which JP was nickel and diming Hoiberg out of town, now believe they are itching to get back working together to the point that almost ten million in owed buyout money is going to be exchanged to make it happen.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I find it amusing that some of the same posters who completely fell for the Travis Hines "sleeping on luggage" story in which JP was nickel and diming Hoiberg out of town, now believe they are itching to get back working together to the point that almost ten million in owed buyout money is going to be exchanged to make it happen.

Times have changed. Eric piatkowski is not walking through that door in Lincoln anymore.

seriously, though, there will always be a large contingent of fred fans that will make sure nothing is ever his fault. The perks of being Ames version of everyone’s all American

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
if you get Fred’s name in enough people’s mouths, tj will truly be a letdown. It’s almost like someone is manipulating the narrative behind the scenes.

this is what I want to know. I think there’s more smoke to this then just a message board rumor (one detail I’ve heard is just so weird). I still think it’s mostly BS.

There was a lot of manipulating the narrative in 2015 and I think it came from both the TJ camp and the Hoiberg camp.

Hell, maybe Prohms camp is doing it ;). I don’t think he’s that diabolical though.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Anyone watch that Nebrasketball game last night?
It was embarrassing for Nebraska. Players jogging around, half-hearted defense, no one crashing the boards...looks like the players have tuned their coach out. Kinda like the Bulls did.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
can you really have great offensive flow, if you don’t make any shots?
Yes. If you watched the beginning of the game, Nebraska's offense was in sync and it looked very good. Making shots is obviously huge, but if you can consistently get good looks, statistics say you should make them. Nebraska did not and then things ended up spiraling out of control.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It was embarrassing for Nebraska. Players jogging around, half-hearted defense, no one crashing the boards...looks like the players have tuned their coach out. Kinda like the Bulls did.

I didn’t watch our last two games but I was at the previous two home games. And I will say that our guys played hard. They were diving for loose balls and really trying. I think that when those players are old like me and thinking about the god awful 20 game losing streak, they will at least be able to tell their kids they kept working.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's sad that you could take this sentence, apply it to our game and it'd fit perfectly.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I didn’t watch our last two games but I was at the previous two home games. And I will say that our guys played hard. They were diving for loose balls and really trying. I think that when those players are old like me and thinking about the god awful 20 game losing streak, they will at least be able to tell their kids they kept working.
There are guys that try hard almost 100% of the time on our team. And then there are guys that try hard about half the time.

Reactions: jsb

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why do you keep insisting this?

Because that’s who it’ll be. Pollard has been courting him for 6 years. He thought TJ would be the guy in 2015. A significant donor or potential donor wants TJ.

I don’t want TJ but since I’m a fan I’m sure I’ll get on board once he’s hired.

but in the meantime this TJ vs Fred vs someone who is actually successful debate is fun!