Women's March Madness: Cyclones vs Texas A&M 6 p.m. ESPN2

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Find a dominant post for next year and we will be a problem for many

We have Maggie Vick coming in next year. She's 6'4 has been named as a Macdonald's All American Nominee. We have another stud guard coming in by the name of Denae Fritz. Mix them with everyone returning this year and a healthy Maggie Espenmiller-Mcgraw, and you have one hell of loaded roster.

Clonestarred

Oct 5, 2020
We have Maggie Vick coming in next year. She's 6'4 has been named as a Macdonald's All American Nominee. We have another stud guard coming in by the name of Denae Fritz. Mix them with everyone returning this year and a healthy Maggie Espenmiller-Mcgraw, and you have one hell of loaded roster.
Looks like KS is returning as well

Reactions: Neptune78

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Argh. When I saw Ashley breaking open in the lane, I thought we were going to win with a layup. Alas! Fouled from both sides, but no call by the refs.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Looks like KS is returning as well

Is that news out there somewhere? I could see with injury issues her moving on but like I've told others for lots of players college is where their basketball journey ends so if there is a chance for another run I see players coming back.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

Even UConn agrees....
Mostly "good" stuff about ISU!! The thread made me feel a tiny bit better..

"Just finished watching the Iowa St. Texas A&M game. A&M pushed, elbowed, hooked and hit Ashley Joens so many times and very few foul calls. The most egregious foul was at the end where Nixon hooked Ashley's arm as she drove the lane. All Carolyn Peck could do was talk about how she thought the ball was last touched by Ashley. Nothing about her arm being hooked. I don't want to hear you can't call a foul in the last few seconds. If it's a foul in the first few seconds, then it's a foul in the last few seconds. Sorry, Iowa St. You were ripped off. Once again A&M gets the benefit of no foul calls. They didn't deserve to make it to the second round. Whoever they play next, I hope they wipe you off the court".

I will give them a pass for calling us "Iowa" one time. Guess they will figure it out at their next game..lol

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Disappointing ending, questionable calls (and by questionable I mean ******** calls or lack there of), too many turnovers but these young ladies gave it their all.

Emily and Lex both had a hell of a freshman season. Can't wait to see how much they along with Kylie and Aubrey improve over the off season.

Plus MEM should be back, she was a dandy till she got hurt.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
For the first time since I joined the CF, I have witnessed a WBB game thread reaching 30 pages. Thanks to everyone for caring about our beloved Twister Sisters.

5322cf.jpg

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Argh. When I saw Ashley breaking open in the lane, I thought we were going to win with a layup. Alas! Fouled from both sides, but no call by the refs.

Did you go to the Palms again?

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Yeah I know people will ***** about the refs, deservedly so, but lets not act like we executed well down the stretch either.

Letting the shot clock run out without getting a shot off in one of our last possessions in regulation says hello.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Regarding the officiating controversy, aTm got favorable treatment two games in a row for a reason, so hear me out.

Take our football program as an example, you should be aware of the huge discrepancies in terms of being officiated between the Rhoads era and Campbell era. Why, the refs always favor better teams with winning records, the teams that can draw more eyeballs and make more money. If you are a program that's constantly in the top rankings of your sport, you will get the ref's respect and favorable calls.

Unless all the games are officiated by Artificial Intelligence refs who fully follow the rulebooks, there's no completely fairly called game. Most of the time it's the little guys taking the fall.

If our WBB team wants more respect from the refs in the future games, we got to win more games, improve our record and ranking, and attract more attention from outside the CylONEnation.

P.S.

1) The good news is our game was the most discussed one by far in this tournament on UConn's WBB board. Lots of sympathy from them.

2) If NCAA could issue a final 2-min officiating report as the NBA does in each game, I'd like to see how many mistakes the refs have made in our game.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

Help Support Us

Become a patron