Jared Barnett's Roosevelt Roughriders

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
13 years I heard? That’s ridiculous. Wish Roosevelt could have stayed with the suburban schools for the new conferences.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Suburban schools = the SEC of Iowa high school football?

Not really. I think the city schools are just that bad.

Roosevelt beat East 47-0
East beat North 35-6
North beat Hoover 24-8

My kids go to Des Moines Christian (2A) and we just beat Hoover tonight 45-0. Wait, before you say we must be really good, last week (1A) Pella Christian beat us 56-22.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

Roosevelt beat East 47-0
East beat North 35-6
North beat Hoover 24-8

My kids go to Des Moines Christian (2A) and we just beat Hoover tonight 45-0. Wait, before you say we must be really good, last week (1A) Pella Christian beat us 56-22.

2019 DMC grad here we sucked at football my entire high school tenure

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Roosevelt beat East 47-0
East beat North 35-6
North beat Hoover 24-8

Yikes. The classes are all a mess then I guess

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Then Waukee is Vandy. School split in half and the bulk of the varsity players ended up chasing the shiny new penny.

Yep. Same thing happened when Ankeny split. Splitting a high school up is all kinds of messy. It will even out in few years.

My kids are in the SEP system. I just hope they graduate before SEP splits. It’s gonna happen.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
Isn't Roosevelt's QB the Top QB in the state for 2023? Maybe Top 3? I don't really pay attention to recruiting anymore, but I read in the paper he is the real deal, and looked like it tonight.

I heard ISU was offering him? And he is leaning towards us? Like I said, don't follow recruiting anymore.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Isn't Roosevelt's QB the Top QB in the state for 2023? Maybe Top 3? I don't really pay attention to recruiting anymore, but I read in the paper he is the real deal, and looked like it tonight.

I heard ISU was offering him? And he is leaning towards us? Like I said, don't follow recruiting anymore.
Jamison Patton was the difference in the game. He has an ISU offer at safety buy plays QB full time and a good amount of time at safety. Roosevelt should have won bigger, they dominated the game. They have really aggressive and athletic LBs and secondary. And Keith Murphy’s kid is solid at DE in their 3 man front. Good athlete who beats bigger guys with quickness. I’m excited to see Roosevelt having success after having been invested in their Rider Club youth program for many years. It takes a village because we have a lot of kids from challenging backgrounds that need rides, equipment, meals, you name it.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Roosevelt, under Barnett's leadership, just snapped a 128-game losing streak for Des Moines city schools vs suburban schools. Incredible.
Roosevelt apparently has a D1 caliber QB who's a sick athlete according to Todd Blythe (he's mentioned him a couple times on the pods). Maybe not a QB at next level but a great player who could play somewhere.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm