Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Lomax called out the players suing as doing so because of a money grab because they did not make the league
While at the same time refusing to join and discuss in a proper interview. Coward. p.s. Victim shaming is all the rage.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
OK. So, racism has been fixed within the Iowa program? No need for further reflection or guidance from outside sources. Good. It was all just that one bad apple acting in complete isolation that made the rest of the staff look bad.
I believe that they currently are yes. The committee and current players support this.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Because it is 2022 not 2020. You all bounce back to the Husch-Blackwell. That is over 18 months ago and progress has certainly been made.
It was the most systemic racial disparity investigation that’s ever happened in college football.. and it happened in 2020. Not in the 1960’s or 70’s. Two years ago.

Reactions: GMackey32

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
While at the same time refusing to join and discuss in a proper interview. Coward. p.s. Victim shaming is all the rage.
It is not a proper interview if he was waiting for Kirk to talk. Unlike someone else.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It is not a proper interview if he was waiting for Kirk to talk. Unlike someone else.
You sure are able to come up with every scenario where Kirk is indemnified. I will defer to you as it is clear you have inside info.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Not in 18 months no. They didn't even get a slap on the wrist. And things clearly didn't change when Kirk's SIL fabricated the Deyo story.
The Deyo thing got taken out of context and ISU beat writers and this forum ran with it. He had work to do with academics and ISU writers and reports never asked that question. Iowa wanted to wait and see and he went with ISU. Seems to be a good kid with a bright future. Good luck to him.

• Dumb

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You sure are able to come up with every scenario where Kirk is indemnified. I will defer to you as it is clear you have inside info.
And you are able to come up with every scenario where he is demnified.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Deyo thing got taken out of context and ISU beat writers and this forum ran with it. He had work to do with academics and ISU writers and reports never asked that question. Iowa wanted to wait and see and he went with ISU. Seems to be a good kid with a bright future. Good luck to him.
He was going into his senior year of high school.. lol

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Still toeing the company line I see. Do you have proof he has work to do with his academics?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
To quote Fran "body of work". He is totally controlling of all aspects of the program that is well known. Yet somehow he didn't know about what was happening in the s&c area? It simply doesn't pass the sniff test.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I believe that they currently are yes. The committee and current players support this.

The old committee, or the committee that Kirk just put together?

But, I'm glad to hear that Doyle was the only bad apple in the bunch. I was worried based on the previous player statements that Brian also was involved in racial disparage. Thankfully, Kirk and his hand picked committee have cleared Brian of any wrongdoing.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
To quote Fran "body of work". He is totally controlling of all aspects of the program that is well known. Yet somehow he didn't know about what was happening in the s&c area? It simply doesn't pass the sniff test.
Bingo. He also didn’t know how his son was speaking to players.

• Haha
Reactions: carvers4math

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The old committee, or the committee that Kirk just put together?

But, I'm glad to hear that Doyle was the only bad apple in the bunch. I was worried based on the previous player statements that Brian also was involved in racial disparage. Thankfully, Kirk and his hand picked committee have cleared Brian of any wrongdoing.
Well there’s the old old committee in 2019 that Kirk didn’t like so got rid of, but also didn’t know existed because he said he never knew of any racial issues in the program. Then there was the old committee that lasted a year and Kirk wants to completely restructure it to make sure people fall in line. Call me crazy but I think this new committee has a chance. Third time’s the charm right?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

So you are able to wholeheartedly believe an email written after the blowback as Kirk was definitely very concerned with getting this committee back together and is vigilantly focused on making his team and coaching staff less discriminatory?

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
No, you need meds because you were challenged on only supporting a biased side and spiraled downward into typical tropes like "rent free".

I’m guessing this is still Thinker. was another one used to pretend to care about the players.
So why would I believe players and players parents who A. Didn't speak up on the wrong they were seeing in the program and B. Are still on the team? Don't you think they fear retribution too? Why would I take a white football players word over the experiences of black football players?

Do you think the man that led a racist program run for 20 years all of a sudden changed the whole culture in a matter of 18 months despite keeping some of the main perpetrators? Do you think JoePa should have kept his job?

One thing that has not been mentioned, but is now more obvious than ever.

they used this committee on the recruiting trail a lot as some sort of proof things had changed after 20 years.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Yes or no: Did the report also discover there was a culture of bullying and retribution for speaking up?
Yes, and has been addressed since then by the committee lol

How about we ask Deuce Hogan if he feels he was bullied? I kinda think cracking jokes at a press conference about a player shows that it hasn't been completely addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.