Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I think Oregon & Washington are going to end up in the B1G. If I was the Big 12 I'd go for the 2 Arizona schools, Utah & Colorado. Good 16 team conference.

Cal, Stanford, Oregon State & Washington State...you are on your own.

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
I can't even fathom. Do the ACC + Pac leftovers + new Big 12 essentially just form a second tier of CFB under the super leagues? Maybe true conference affiliations aren't even necessary in that scenario.
That's the right path but I think the most likely impact to ISU will be the battle as who is the 3rd super conference, ACC or Big 12. Much less heartburn for ISU obviously if its the Big 12.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think Oregon & Washington are going to end up in the B1G. If I was the Big 12 I'd go for the 2 Arizona schools, Utah & Colorado. Good 16 team conference.

Cal and Stanford need a good home.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just catching up…

1 - Those that are gleefully laughing that this isn’t the Big 12 don’t realize this is just one more domino in a long chain. While I don’t see most, if any, of the Big 12 being a poaching target for any potential super leagues, we also aren’t going to be able to remain stationary and may already be a little flat footed. ACC and Pac 12 won’t die quietly without every effort.

2 - To those that think we never should have added the 4 we just did – remember that we didn’t know the future, and it was incredibly vital for any stability. Not sure the remaining 8 could have stayed together without immediate stability.

3 - Personally, and I said it with the last round when many thought it was a possibility and our goal – I have never liked the idea of us joining the Big 10 now or ever. This will only make that clearer.

We compete much better with mid-tier programs and are better off trying to fight each year in that realm than keeping pace with Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. In order to stay relevant, we need to stay competitive with strong peers, and a/the new-look Big 12 was always the best case for that. Let the Big 10 and SEC live in their ivory tower and the rest of us can keep enjoying a competitive playing field.

4 - And to those that think Land Grant means anything in athletic affiliation… it means as much as AAU status – absolutely nothing.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

I’m curious why everyone is automatically ok with CU - they left the big xii.

My vote is ASU, UofA, Stanford and Cal. (Assuming UW and Oregon go BIG).

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
Hopefully the B12 office and the AD's are calling the other 10 ADs in the Pac12 asking what are they thinking. Get them in case the ACC talks to the more eastern B12 schools.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Having lived in Michigan for a decade, I'm still waiting for my first November driving blizzard.

Yeah Nov is nice, dec is even manageable.

If they played college fb from Jan through march I’d just watch on tv even when I had cheap student tickets…unless ISU had a dome.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I can't even fathom. Do the ACC + Pac leftovers + new Big 12 essentially just form a second tier of CFB under the super leagues? Maybe true conference affiliations aren't even necessary in that scenario.

Honestly I think so. Those two would command everything from the eyeballs to the dollars. So you band together with the rest to try and give the networks/streamers that need content a ton of inventory and basically monopolize everything worth anything that's left.

Reactions: Trice

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Unfortunately we are stuck with Mr head up his butt for another month.
Haha. Mr. Bowlsby Head?

Crazy times are ahead. I don't think anything is going to happen in a flash, like a month or so. Even if it did, I'll bet Yormark would be on it.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
That's the right path but I think the most likely impact to ISU will be the battle as who is the 3rd super conference, ACC or Big 12. Much less heartburn for ISU obviously if its the Big 12.

The way this seems to be shaking out, I don't think there will be a third superconference.

• Winner
Reactions: CascadeClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Oregon State reminded me a lot of ISU though when I was in Corvallis, so I'd hate to see it happen to them. But you're right it'd probably be the better financial situation. Though if we are bringing in that many pac teams they may want to bring everyone (Washington and Oregon at least would have interest, and more west coast teams is better for travel for them)

ISU but more geographically isolated from historic top division football programs.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just catching up…

3 - Personally, and I said it with the last round when many thought it was a possibility and our goal – I have never liked the idea of us joining the Big 10 now or ever. This will only make that clearer.

We compete much better with mid-tier programs and are better off trying to fight each year in that realm than keeping pace with Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. In order to stay relevant, we need to stay competitive with strong peers, and a/the new-look Big 12 was always the best case for that. Let the Big 10 and SEC live in their ivory tower and the rest of us can keep enjoying a competitive playing field.

If the Big 10 and SEC go 20+ teams we wouldn't have to worry about it. We wouldn't be competing with the mid-tier. We'd be competing at a completely different level down. Honestly would probably kill any remaining affinity I have for college sports but whatever.

Reactions: BeachCyclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron