Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
They bring the #5 media market in the country and donors with limitless pockets. This is the exact reason they've completely distanced themselves from the word 'Christian' over the last 20 years.
Thought everyone was on here just talking about how just having a school in the area doesn’t “bring the market”. If TCU joins the big ten I’ll donate to the ISU NIL fund.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
It will never be about what actually happens. It never has. No matter what the Big 12 does, it will be ridiculed. And no matter what the Big 10/SEC does, it will be lauded as visionary and genius. The Big 12 has no connections in the national media. It's disgusting to listen to year after year.
The population doesn't help us. We are just looked at as fly over country so no one cares about us.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
So……like rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, NW, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois in regards to revenue sports. If you are bringing up the religion part for politics, they have distanced themselves more and more all the time from that side.

They are the Dallas/ft worth metro. They bring that.
Yep some of those schools wouldn’t be getting fan invite if they weren’t already in

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think it more likely that the remaining Pac-12 schools try to bring in SDSU and Boise or something, and then they approach the Big 12 about negotiating together (as the NFL does and all of college football should do).

That BIG/Pac-12 alliance did not last as long as the Nazi and Soviet alliance of 1939...
I actually used the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact in a post about the Alliance last August

Reactions: MartyFine

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thought everyone was on here just talking about how just having a school in the area doesn’t “bring the market”. If TCU joins the big ten I’ll donate to the ISU NIL fund.
When you think of football crazy states, where does Illinois fall in that list?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It wasn't me, those people were and are very wrong. The Big Ten/SEC are linear TV leagues. They don't give a **** about future streaming.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Realistically we should drop Cincy, WVU, and UCF at a minimum. In a perfect world we drop WSU and OSU as well.

There is opportunity to claim the premier conference west of the Mississippi here.
People keep talking about “dropping” this team or that. How is that even possible, especially teams that are just joining next year? Is there something in the contract that says any team can just be voted out for any reason. “Hey, we changed our minds and don’t want you in our conference anymore, so long. “

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I might have agreed with you pre-Campbell. I think he's shown us we can compete with anybody.

In pre-NIL/superconference world, I would mostly agree with this. Time will tell if that will still be true.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
People keep talking about “dropping” this team or that. How is that even possible, especially teams that are just joining next year? Is there something in the contract that says any team can just be voted out for any reason. “Hey, we changed our minds and don’t want you in our conference anymore, so long. “

Anything is possible for he who has money

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I might have agreed with you pre-Campbell. I think he's shown us we can compete with anybody.

I love the dude and agree we can compete with any team on any day. I'm not sure I think we can compete program to program at a sustained level with the top 8 or so of either proposed super league though. Besides, I also think he’s a generational coach at ISU that isn’t going to be around forever.

I would rather be fighting for the top of the second tier than fighting against irrelevancy in the first tier. Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Maryland, etc are good examples of having good coaches in the past without the ability to remain above-average over time.

Don’t read my comments as saying I want anything less than the best for ISU. I just think that having a fighting chance at conference titles more than once every 25 years is going to be critical for a school like ISU to maintain success. Even with our success of the past 5 years, we aren’t bringing in 5 star players – it takes a lot of continued relevancy that we still don’t yet have.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
TCU actually makes a ton of sense when you think about it. Money forever and a foothold in Texas without the Baylor Baggage.

TCU would lessen any feelings of ISU
It will never be about what actually happens. It never has. No matter what the Big 12 does, it will be ridiculed. And no matter what the Big 10/SEC does, it will be lauded as visionary and genius. The Big 12 has no connections in the national media. It's disgusting to listen to year after year.
the decade plus run as the easily #1 basketball conference gets completely ignored compared to when ACC and Big East had similar runs. No mention of it at all. You’d think we were the #6 conf instead of easily #1 if you only looked at national headlines.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I love the dude and agree we can compete with any team on any day. I'm not sure I think we can compete program to program at a sustained level with the top 8 or so of either proposed super league though. Besides, I also think he’s a generational coach at ISU that isn’t going to be around forever.

I would rather be fighting for the top of the second tier than fighting against irrelevancy in the first tier. Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Maryland, etc are good examples of having good coaches in the past without the ability to remain above-average over time.

Don’t read my comments as saying I want anything less than the best for ISU. I just think that having a fighting chance at conference titles more than once every 25 years is going to be critical for a school like ISU to maintain success. Even with our success of the past 5 years, we aren’t bringing in 5 star players – it takes a lot of continued relevancy that we still don’t yet have.

Throw Iowa in there unless KF’s replacement is a one in a million hire who stays.

This helps their facilities yet makes them 10x less likely to win conf in every sport but wrestling.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic and Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, I have NO interest in relegating to a lower league. That would suck

To outsiders, we've been in a lower league for 50 years. Right or wrong, that has been the perception of the Big 8 and Big 12 outside of basketball.

Reactions: MugNight