Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Big 10 dominance? LOL, on the field? Wow, they have had decent years, but we have to keep in mind, from probably 2004 to 2014, they were horrible, just horrible!!! ESPN tried to prop them up best they could, but even at one point the guys in the studio started talking openly about their lack of competitiveness among the power 5s.

The Big 12 pisses two centimeters in the wrong direction, the pundits are trashing them. Saying stuff like they don't play any defense, which of course was never true. For example, when the SEC started to adopt spread concepts all the sudden the scores started going up. Did the pundits trash the SEC for having high scoring games? Nope, talked about how good the offenses were getting.

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Ignoring the MHVer of it all, if it means we get more money and network TV exposure on CBS, then sign me up for some Wednesday or Friday night games. I know some people who care more about tailgating will disagree.

Thursday night is probably going to lose attractiveness for CFB broadcasters as the NFL continues to stake a claim in it. I think the B1G is playing on Fridays and obviously there are HS FB games there then so I would be intrigued by Wednesdays. Just give the Wednesday night teams a bye week beforehand so they have ~10 days off before and after the game.
I love Friday Night Games (do not give a hoot about H.S. Football). Much, much better than Thursday Night games. Wednesday? No thanks.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Oh, you don't have to tell me and I wasn't talking about big 10 fans. I was talking about the administration. There has been a combined effort to try and destroy the Big 12 since the first break up and it wasn't because the Big 12 played terrible football.

Most Big 10 fans are so arrogant, they don't think anything will disrupt their dominance. I have an acquaintance from Iowa who constantly tells me, "Bring Bama up here in November and we'll show them how to play football." But, he also thinks that Budweiser is the best beer because it's the biggest US brewery. Just because you have the most money, doesn't mean your product is any good.
What big 10 fan base other than Ohio State has any arrogance regarding actual football? Every football program other than Ohio State is not in the same universe as those SEC teams. Cincy was impressive in 2020 vs UGA. That Michigan team last year was a joke. They could’ve played Alabama and Georgia 100 times and would never have a chance. They were so outclassed.Not being as good as one thing. They simply didn’t belong on the same field

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Big 10 dominance? LOL, on the field? Wow, they have had decent years, but we have to keep in mind, from probably 2004 to 2014, they were horrible, just horrible!!! ESPN tried to prop them up best they could, but even at one point the guys in the studio started talking openly about their lack of competitiveness among the power 5s.

The Big 12 pisses two centimeters in the wrong direction, the pundits are trashing them. Saying stuff like they don't play any defenses, which of course was never true. For example, when the SEC started to adopt spread concepts all the sudden the scores started going up. Did the pundits trash the SEC for having high scoring games? Nope, talked about how good the offenses were getting.

tOSU/Michigan, 42-27: 'That's Big Ten smashmouth football!!'

2021 Big 12 Title Game, 21-16: 'flag football!!'

Reactions: Yaz and cayin

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The SEC is going to start running into the problem the Big12 has had. If they are only adding good teams, someone has to lose those games. An undefeated season for Alabama may not happen as often.

But they will still be the most pimped conference that will be their excuse to put more of the SEC teams in the playoff even though only like 2 of them would have any chance. Scam city.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Interesting hearing Rick Neuheisel this morning on ESPNU radio discussing how UCLA AD is beyond broke.