Jerome Tang's sideline antics are just as annoying as Bruce Weber's.

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Baylor has been an outstanding defensive team for years and it seemed like they rolled over in the second half. Didn't have their normal fight.

It'll be interesting seeing Baylor go forward without him on the bench.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
Not sure which is more shocking- baylor at 0-3 or kst at 3-0.

I had kst scrabbling with wv for last. So much for that.
At this point, I think it's reasonable to wonder if Tang was the real magic behind Baylors remarkable success in recent years. Kinda like how Iowa hires Lick away from Butler and instead of fading into obscurity, a few years later Brad Stevens has them playing in the NCG.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
ISU, KSU, and KU atop of the conference. Did he turn down other jobs before this one? Seems weird with the success Baylor has had that someone like a North Texas didn't offer him.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
At this point, I think it's reasonable to wonder if Tang was the real magic behind Baylors remarkable success in recent years. Kinda like how Iowa hires Lick away from Butler and instead of fading into obscurity, a few years later Brad Stevens has them playing in the NCG.
Eh let’s pump the breaks on that one. People said the same thing about Adams at Tech when Beard left. Well they aren’t looking so hot thus far.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Yeah, k state will be interesting....people say they don't play d, not so sure about that....they aren't elite defensively, but they aren't that bad, they just play fast...they got two huge road wins anyway. Can't take that away from them,

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
So the last two games letting up 100+ to Texas and almost 100 again to Baylor are flukes?
They play fast. This isn’t hard. They have a better adj d than Iowa. Just because they play fast and have more possessions doesn’t mean their defense is non existent.