Locked On Big 12 Podcast Axed for Playing Huggins Comments

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ya this is stupid, he did nothing wrong. This is only going to help the guy get the next job.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This seems like a crock of **** to me. I really like that pod.

Agree. This is just my opinion, but I believe no tolerance policies like this are lazy and gutless. They allow the decision makers to escape having to take all circumstances into consideration and make appropriate decisions. It's like the school district that expels a 3rd grade girl for having a plastic squirt gun in her pocket.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This might be the most moronic termination I've heard of in a while. How the hell do you get fired for someone totally unrelated to you saying slurs while actually condeming them the entire show?

It’s also a low-level podcast lol. No offense to Josh Neighbors, I’m a daily listener but in terms of numbers it’s pretty small. It’s just very very niche. Surprised this kind of policy is even documented.

• Agree
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Agree. This is just my opinion, but I believe no tolerance policies like this are lazy and gutless. They allow the decision makers to escape having to take all circumstances into consideration and make appropriate decisions. It's like the school district that expels a 3rd grade girl for having a plastic squirt gun in her pocket.
Actuaries run the world.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
That was a great podcast. I was especially entertained with the Big 12 and the Pac 12 dude's collaborations. The Locked on Network can go F themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Doesn't seem like they had a mutual understanding of what was allowed and what was prohibited. I wonder what other sorts of incidents have happened with the company that could be used as precedents.

P.S. Did "Two Guys Named Chris" play the whole thing? If not, we finally found something they want say on the air!

PredominantISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2014
Am I understanding it correctly the actual issue is that he decided to replay the clip completely unedited? If that’s the case I guess I can understand where they’re coming from but termination seems extreme. But I don’t understand why you wouldn’t bleep out the word itself.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Am I understanding it correctly the actual issue is that he decided to replay the clip completely unedited? If that’s the case I guess I can understand where they’re coming from but termination seems extreme. But I don’t understand why you wouldn’t bleep out the word itself.
Why wouldn't you bleep out the word itself? Because the whole point is to convey to the listener exactly what was said. I think as long as you provide a prior warning for those audience members who may have delicate ears, there's nothing wrong with playing the recording unedited.

• Agree
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This might be the most moronic termination I've heard of in a while. How the hell do you get fired for someone totally unrelated to you saying slurs while actually condeming them the entire show?
Agree, but no tolerance is no tolerance. You have to have an understanding of policy. I agree that the policy itself is dumb and lazy.