Iowa's football schedule

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Michigans schedule is laughably easy last year and this year but I would hold off throwing stones until you see ISU’s 2024 schedule. If TCU takes a step back it’s going to make Michigans schedule look like a gauntlet in comparison.
With how lucrative the transfer portal is these days, I’m not sure anyone can predict how any teams will be outside of maybe the current year. Even then there are are so many transfers who landed somewhere, getting a chance at PT when they wouldn’t have had any at their previous school and could be a stud.

Take Colorado for instance. I still think they’re gonna stink but in 2022 you could’ve said that’s going to be an easy win in 2024, now who knows how they’ll really be.

• Dumb
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU and Cyatic

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I think they got called for disconcerting signals against Nebraska maybe. Not saying they haven’t done that but that definitely wasn’t the case in the Penn State game. It was just insanely loud.
Remember in the olden days when the home teams were penalized for fans being too loud?

• Love
Reactions: 7Got6

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Was that actually a thing??
Oh, you youngsters with your YouTubes and your TickTockers … yes, there was a time when QBs on the road could just step away from the center and tell the ref it was too loud. They’d stop the game and the referee would go on the mic to tell the crowd to pipe down. After three or four violations they’d start penalizing the home team. Had that rule in the NFL for a while, too.

Now it’s just fining schools when their fans rush the field …

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
4 games sold out so far in Kinnick. Tix going fast.
Yep, expecting Utah St. to be sold out too. That leaves Rutgers and Illinois late in the year. I think those games will depend on how Iowa is doing if they sell out or not. Pretty good for a horrible home schedule.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, expecting Utah St. to be sold out too. That leaves Rutgers and Illinois late in the year. I think those games will depend on how Iowa is doing if they sell out or not. Pretty good for a horrible home schedule.
Iowa has a great fanbase and a team this year that is being hyped up greatly. That reason alone is why the first few home games will be sold out. The home schedule is not good. Minnesota will be a crazy environment though.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Iowa has a great fanbase and a team this year that is being hyped up greatly. That reason alone is why the first few home games will be sold out. The home schedule is not good. Minnesota will be a crazy environment though.
Let’s just hope they lose more games than they win.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
When asking an Iowa fan the reality as we go through the progression.

Can you see a 1 or 2 loss Iowa at regular seasons end with entry to the BIG title game? ‘Yes’ is an acceptable answer and reasonable based on the conf cake walk.

Can you see Iowa winning the BIG championship game? No is the only reasonable answer, you’ll be hard pressed to find an Iowa fan that answers no in November.

Can you see Iowa winning the first playoff game? everyone should just say no, at any moment.

Can you see Iowa winning the second playoff game (natty)? Everyone again, should say no.

Their ceiling is already defined. Now weird thing happen…. But that is a lot of weird at each spot after one, let alone cumulative.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRcyclone6

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Can you see a 1 or 2 loss Iowa at regular seasons end with entry to the BIG title game? ‘Yes’ is an acceptable answer and reasonable based on the conf cake walk.

Can you see Iowa winning the BIG championship game? No is the only reasonable answer, you’ll be hard pressed to find an Iowa fan that answers no in November.

Can you see Iowa winning the first playoff game? everyone should just say no, at any moment.

Can you see Iowa winning the second playoff game (natty)? Everyone again, should say no.

Their ceiling is already defined. Now weird thing happen…. But that is a lot of weird at each spot after one, let along cumulative.
Yeah it's already written in stone they'll lose at most 1-2 games regular season, coast to the CCG and then lose by 21+.

Reactions: keepngoal

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Their ceiling is already defined. Now weird thing happen…. But that is a lot of weird at each spot after one, let along cumulative.
Seems reasonable to me. Iowa should have a solid team again this year. They also have an easier than most schedule. I have Iowa at 9-3 with a shot at the West.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Seems reasonable to me. Iowa should have a solid team again this year. They also have an easier than most schedule. I have Iowa at 9-3 with a shot at the West.
Exactly where I have em

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

And that's why it can be difficult to talk with Hawkeye fans at times. I call it "delusional success"

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
And that's why it can be difficult to talk with Hawkeye fans at times. I call it "delusional success"
When you get rock hard about your punter, you clearly don’t have a good handle some things.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyhig

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If ANY game on Iowa's home schedule (2023) sells out.... that is proof of how dumb the fans are to watch that low quality product.
I feel bad for the season ticket holders having to pay to watch those bad opponents trot in. I know it's not their fault that the competition in the West is consistently bad, but for the good of the sport, give the Iowa fans someone decent to watch in Kinnick more often. If ISU is the best competition they have at home most years, that is truly saying something.

Last edited: