FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thanks! I figured but didn't want to find out the wrong way.
I went to a concert a couple years ago with tickets like this and was like “what in the hell?” Worked just fine.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Yes that's how it is. The ticket is transferred via NFC to the ticket kiosk, like point of sales that you can tap your credit card (or phone) to
I went to the VB games at Hilton last weekend. The folks that were "scanning" tickets could not figure out how to transfer the ticket via NFC. I eventually figured out if I scrolled a bit farther down on the ticket that it said "show the bar code" & then the card reader worked. They had no idea how to tap the ticket from my phone.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I went to the VB games at Hilton last weekend. The folks that were "scanning" tickets could not figure out how to transfer the ticket via NFC. I eventually figured out if I scrolled a bit farther down on the ticket that it said "show the bar code" & then the card reader worked. They had no idea how to tap the ticket from my phone.
Ours was fine. I think she must have figured it out by the time we got there Friday. And Sunday was like old hat. Today? I hope all the “machines” scanners are patient.

• Agree
Reactions: farm85

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
John Walters was commenting at kickoff about how a lot of people were still outside the stadium trying to get in. Guessing there were still plenty of people who weren't prepared and trying to get cell signal while in line.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
John Walters was commenting at kickoff about how a lot of people were still outside the stadium trying to get in. Guessing there were still plenty of people who weren't prepared and trying to get cell signal while in line.
It's true. There was zero buzz pregame because literally half the stadium was stuck outside the gates trying to get in. It ended up full and looked and sounds great once everyone made it in.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It’s a fan problem. There are more scanners now than there were last year.

Doesnt matter if the scanners themselves are more clunky and buggy to work through introducing delays. I had issues with the tap to scan and i had everything set up correctly.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Had a looong discussion with husband before he left for game. Reported it was easy. And he’s been able to send texts

Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We were in line 20 min on the north side and missed kick Olk and the first score before getting 3/4 way to our seats. Was listening on the radio and figured shown was told not to mention anything about the long lines, because you know that butts up against the “everything will be fine” line from administration.
Also, when we got through and we’re headed up the inside ramp to the west, the line on the north was longer (and remember it’s not a line, it’s a mass of people) was way longer than when we first got in line.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Doesnt matter if the scanners themselves are more clunky and buggy to work through introducing delays. I had issues with the tap to scan and i had everything set up correctly.

Interesting, I had 2 tickets to scan using the tap and I was in the stadium within 5 seconds when I got to the front.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
A couple thousand people never made it to the front on the south side. Eventually they just let everyone in because the line was literally not moving.

Total and complete disaster. People packed in tight with lines not moving in 90+ degree heat.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Issues on the N and S sides had to have pushed traffic to the W side.

Took off from our spot 30 minutes before kick which is usually more than enough time to get in. Most of the time we have to wait to empty our “beverage” before we can literally scan and walk in.

The line today stretched on the side walk all the way to the South Gate. Missed kickoff and the first score.

The problem wasn’t with the scanners at our gate. It was pretty seamless once we waited the 20 minutes to get to the front of the line.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
And some of us have devices that don't support tap to scan
Screenshot_20230823-155121-324.png

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Got stuck in the mass of people on the north side, which is doubly tough for shorties like me because there's no air when you're below shoulder level of most of the folks around you. When we got to the front, tap to scan did not work but the gal manning the station took my phone, hit a couple of buttons and stuck it down below to read the bar code, I guess. Anyway, only a few seconds delay. We saw kickoff from the top of our section...made it down to our seats before the touchdown.
Bad news tho...overheated before I ever got to our seats. Went back up to the breezeway for a while, then ended up at first aid. EMTs said go home. Now. So we did. I almost NEVER leave a game early. :(

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Got stuck in the mass of people on the north side, which is doubly tough for shorties like me because there's no air when you're below shoulder level of most of the folks around you. When we got to the front, tap to scan did not work but the gal manning the station took my phone, hit a couple of buttons and stuck it down below to read the bar code, I guess. Anyway, only a few seconds delay. We saw kickoff from the top of our section...made it down to our seats before the touchdown.
Bad news tho...overheated before I ever got to our seats. Went back up to the breezeway for a while, then ended up at first aid. EMTs said go home. Now. So we did. I almost NEVER leave a game early. :(
Sorry to hear that. Crazy to think we can go from this to winter coats in six weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: imaclone2 and NWICY