Wedding in Iowa on Cy-Hawk Day. Who does that?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I missed the streak breaker in '98 for a wedding. Can't go back and put myself in the shoes of the people planning that particular event, but after 15 straignt I doubt anyone figured they'd be missing much.

crzy4st

Sep 18, 2007
Now maybe if the wedding was on the balcony of the Jacobsen Building during halftime then maybe!!

Reactions: NWICY

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
Taking my 5 year old to Monster Truck show during the game. At least it is not a wedding. Hopefully the smile on his face is also because the Cyclones win and we can watch it later.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My wife's brother and sister in-law are having their kid baptized Saturday morning with a luncheon afterwards. I should be able to make it up in time for kick-off but no tailgating for me.

I would definitely skip any of my cousins wedding for the game, but I'm not particularly close to any of my cousins.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Taking my 5 year old to Monster Truck show during the game. At least it is not a wedding. Hopefully the smile on his face is also because the Cyclones win and we can watch it later.
Is this part of BY's big halftime show plans! I cant wait to watch monster trucks while band is playing! :p

• Funny

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
They usually don't have a choice. Depending on the location there is such competition and scarcity for wedding venues that couples have very few dates to choose from. My sister was in that predicament when she got married. She said there were other dates they could get the church, other dates they could reserved the venue, but almost none where they could get both.
And I think that’s especially true after Covid. I know for the longest time it was really difficult to find a venue because Covid pushed everything back, and I thought that was still the place in some cases.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I RSVP'd no to a friend's wedding back in 2001. It was the CyHawk game. When 9/11 happened we decided to show up at the wedding. As the married couple let everyone out row by row the bride snarkily said I wonder why you guys are here. I wanted to reply because of a national tragedy. When my buddy originally told me they were getting married he said it was the only weekend the church and reception spot had available. I said I wonder why. We lived in KC at the time and so it was a long drive. But I made it for every game all 9 years we lived down there. To their credit they are still together 23 years later. Most of us wonder why. :)

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We got married in the fall. We had our wedding on a Friday night, not unrelated to Satruday football. But then it became a Thursday night game anyways . . .

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You're young and single and would prefer to watch a football game rather than attend a young peoples wedding party? Damn, I used to LOVE wedding parties when I was young. Booze, pretty girls, more booze, music.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I suppose cousins do marry each other. Since this is a Hok wedding I'm suspecting some possible family tree branches that do not have a fork.

Frog

May 6, 2021
My daughter got married on a Saturday during fall. 10/5/2019 to be exact. Yes, I was there. The Hawk game was against Michigan and believe they actually won. I remember people watching it at the bar set up as we wanted TV's for the game and people were cheering. Maybe Iowa punted a lot?

I know for a fact ISU beat TCU.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Simple - you say you're going and keep talking about how excited you are for it. You then wake up with the stomach flu and can't make it. Game. Set. Match.

LeadersWifeLife

Oct 31, 2020
Treynor
We got married on a Sunday (ISU played Baylor the day before) and Sweet Caroline was our entrance song to the reception. Some people just have no priorities.......

Reactions: ISUalways

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I would not go and I would not feel guilty about it. I’m glad both of my siblings are now married so there’s no longer a chance of a wedding I can’t miss happening on a home game Saturday.

Help Support Us

Become a patron