Tyrese Haliburton sets a Pacers and Cyclone record

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Looking like he will set the bar for ISU pro salaries. Maybe Brock can keep up with him.

Foosballa

Mar 27, 2014
Looking like he will set the bar for ISU pro salaries. Maybe Brock can keep up with him.
No way. Brock won't be struggling, but unless you are Mahomes, a NBA lottery pick will make more than an NLF'er. Hell Talen Horton-Tucker is cashing out at 33mill and he's not TH or BP.

• Informative
Reactions: Peter and NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Always love when old white giys say a kid should stay when they are guaranteed millions to go play basketball. Yeah stay in college and risk injury, have to go
To class, and all that nonsense or go make millions.

Or how players leaving means they're not loyal to ISU when actually the guys who left early do a whole bunch of promotion on social media etc.

Reactions: Drew0311

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
cavs gave him 3 years 26 million
$25.5, but what’s half a mil amongst friends. Fully guaranteed, as well, which is the most noteworthy part. Also decreases by $300k each year to make him a more valuable trade asset over time.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Always love when old white giys say a kid should stay when they are guaranteed millions to go play basketball. Yeah stay in college and risk injury, have to go
Cash in while you can. Anyone that has an opportunity to make a couple $100k or more in their late teens/early 20s should take it. School will still be there down the road should you ever need or want to come back.

Reactions: Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Cash in while you can. Anyone that has an opportunity to make a couple $100k or more in their late teens/early 20s should take it. School will still be there down the road should you ever need or want to come back.

My theory also. When fans were saying the other Murray brother needed another year at Iowa it was laughable. Yeah stay at Iowa or go make millions

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

When I was a kid, my dad (who is now squarely in the “old white guy” camp) would occasionally tell me that it was better to finish college so that you had something to fall back on in case of injury. This was foolish at the time, because it was advice that I, as a short, slow white kid, absolutely had no use for.

I was in college during the Fizer era. When Marcus declared for the draft, I asked Dad if he’d give him the same advice, and just laughed. “As much money as they get today? Hell, no. Get paid, and go back to college later if you want. Or retire at 28.”

Reactions: Nothingman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've been known to be one of the ones who says "stay and finish your education". When I say I wish they would stay, it's for entirely selfish reasons (I want the Cyclones to win). But I completely understand when they leave.

For Hali, it was pretty clear that he was probably not going to need the fall-back of a degree. For some of these kids, though...it's really bad advice that they are given to leave early. Especially when they're not lottery picks, or even expected to go high in the second round. Some of them don't even make it playing overseas. And if they leave and try to come back later to finish their degrees, it's now on their own dime. Sorry - I can't come up with specific players off the top of my head. :D

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
$25.5, but what’s half a mil amongst friends. Fully guaranteed, as well, which is the most noteworthy part. Also decreases by $300k each year to make him a more valuable trade asset over time.

Love to see the source. everything I saw including Woj said 26.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Not to mention there's plenty of people who end up going back and getting something else a few years after graduating so a degree just to have one doesn't make a ton of sense if it means getting paid to just play basketball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron