Okie State Fraternity: Dead* steer found on yard

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Full text for those who don’t have Twitter.

UPDATE

I’ve had Farmhouse and AGR guys DM me, as well as other numerous sources.

Essentially, there has been a rivalry between AGR and FH for a LONG time, and there have always been harmless pranks.

In the last couple months, both frats began throwing dead animals (squirrels, raccoons, etc.) on each other’s lawn.

The steer was already dead on the land of one of the AGR member’s grandparents land.

*I’m assuming the grandparents asked their grandson to remove of the dead steer and he called his friends to help* which lead to all of this.

Farmhouse is refusing to show police their camera footage to the police, because (as I was told by a current FH bro) “we feel just as guilty for how long this has been going on and don’t want anyone to get in trouble.”

In a black and white sense—
A steer was found dead on the porch of a fraternity w its stomach slashed open and profanity branded on the side of it.

All of this has nothing to do with Texas, and is not the way OSU represents itself. I will keep you updated if any more information comes out.
The part I bolded is not cool. If this behavior has been going on, it's time to put an end to it. I hope the police find the incriminating info from another nearby camera and charge the perpetrators as harshly as legally allowed. I'm glad it's sounding like this animal wasn't killed specifically for this prank, but this is still really messed up. And it pretty messed up when it was squirrels and racoons.

Charge everyone involved. OSU and the national organizations should force those chapters to disband. Frat boys thinking they are being loyal to the system by protecting each other is f'ed up and needs to end.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Why? Apparently they took an already dead animal and dumped in in their rival house's front yard. I'm glad they didn't kill it first. Looking at the picture it looks like it was pretty unhealthy before it died. Prank taken too far? Probably. Do they need to arrest college kids and prosecute over this? No. Maybe a fine.
I disagree. This is ****** up behavior. It paints a terrible picture of OSU and those two frats. Address the behavior by charging them. Fines, community service, whatever the punishment is according to Oklahoma law. OSU should expel the individuals responsible and the two frats chapters should be shut down.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Sounds like they didn't kill it which makes it a little more tolerable. It's still completely deranged behavior though, who wants to be handling a rotting corpse like that. Disturbing.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I disagree. This is ****** up behavior. It paints a terrible picture of OSU and those two frats. Address the behavior by charging them. Fines, community service, whatever the punishment is according to Oklahoma law. OSU should expel the individuals responsible and the two frats chapters should be shut down.
If they had tortured the animal or it was stolen property then sure. But if the story presented is true and someone did this while disposing of an already dead animal from a family farm then no, I don't think this warrants throwing people's lives into total upheaval. Let the frats and university sort it out. I'm sure there will be some disciplinary action taken by them and that should be enough. At the end of the day no one was truly harmed by this.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
though, who wants to be handling a rotting corpse like that. Disturbing.
Farmers handle dead stock all the time. The deads have to be removed from the feedlot and disposed of. Also, I understand the need for advertising but these popups that cover the whole screen and can't be closed are a little much.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
If they had tortured the animal or it was stolen property then sure. But if the story presented is true and someone did this while disposing of an already dead animal from a family farm then no, I don't think this warrants throwing people's lives into total upheaval. Let the frats and university sort it out. I'm sure there will be some disciplinary action taken by them and that should be enough. At the end of the day no one was truly harmed by this.
There are laws (presumably even in Oklahoma) that cover the acceptable ways to dispose of an already dead animal. Those laws exist for a reason and should be enforced. If Oklahoma doesn't have any law saying that dumping the carcass on someone else's property isn't ok, then there isn't much they can be charged with. Maybe disorderly conduct or something. Either way, probably not charges that are going to "throw peoples's lives into total upheaval."

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
There are laws (presumably even in Oklahoma) that cover the acceptable ways to dispose of an already dead animal. Those laws exist for a reason and should be enforced. If Oklahoma doesn't have any law saying that dumping the carcass on someone else's property isn't ok, then there isn't much they can be charged with. Maybe disorderly conduct or something.
I'm sure there a number of laws that were broken, but clearly the victims in this case don't want to press charges.

• Winner
Reactions: Yellow Snow

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
If the hicks would refrain from dumping their dead animals in the city the city folk wouldn't have anything to say about it.
I'm not saying it's an awesome thing to do but the majority of our fanbase would be laughing their ass off about most of this thread. Full transparency: Laughed my ass off reading most of the responses in this thread.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I'm not saying it's an awesome thing to do but the majority of our fanbase would be laughing their ass off about most of this thread. Full transparency: Laughed my ass off reading most of the responses in this thread.
If that's true, I might be in the wrong fanbase.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Farmers handle dead stock all the time. The deads have to be removed from the feedlot and disposed of. Also, I understand the need for advertising but these popups that cover the whole screen and can't be closed are a little much.
Yeah, I get it, that's their job, along with people who clean up roadkill.

Hauling a rotting carcass around and dumping it in someone's yard is disgusting and shows complete lack of respect for the animal.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I'm sure there a number of laws that were broken, but clearly the victims in this case don't want to press charges.
Misdemeanor for unlawful disposal would be the extent of it. Might be able to get the owner of it for not disposing of it within 24 hours but doubt that will happen.
Yeah, I get it, that's their job, along with people who clean up roadkill.

Hauling a rotting carcass around and dumping it in someone's yard is disgusting and shows complete lack of respect for the animal.
That carcass was pretty fresh it wasn't "rotting" in the way you are making it out to be. With that said they took it too far with this one IMHO. But I'm also not calling for chapters to be shut down, dipshits to be thrown in prison over it now with what came out (as long as what came out is actually true).

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Those responsible should be hit with community service or a fine tops, but expulsion?? No. As for the frats being shutdown, maybe, I don't know all the nuances to that. It took SAE in Ames a lot worse than that too get shut down.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Wonder what the original beef between these 2 frats was. Who had the highest lifted trucks? Whose grandfather owns more ranch land? Who has the most bedazzled jeans? Who listens to more douche country?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't have the same level of outrage as some, but I don't find any of it particularly funny. I get when you work with livestock every day you see the animals differently then those that don't, but dumping dead animals on people's lawns is worthy of public disapproval. I disagree with your take that the majority of the fanbase would find the reactions hilarious. Maybe a little over the top in certain cases, but in general agreement that this is not ok.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I don't have the same level of outrage as some, but I don't find any of it particularly funny. I get when you work with livestock every day you see the animals differently then those that don't, but dumping dead animals on people's lawns is worthy of public disapproval. I disagree with your take that the majority of the fanbase would find the reactions hilarious. Maybe a little over the top in certain cases, but in general agreement that this is not ok.
Oh we have the rule at the farm (even though we are in Ag country) if there is a dead one even in the lot thats off the road a little bit it's out right away and taken behind somewhere for the rendering truck or to be buried. 1) it's the right thing to do 2) no one should have to see a dead animal laying in a lot/pasture/whatever when they are driving by a farm.