Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
So, the 5th best B1G team just lost miserably on its home court to the 9th best team. Wonder if NET will make a rational adjustment? Our win will end up being Quad 3. How pitiful!

Come on, Fran! Put together a competitive team!! What if they end up getting a really good coach after this year's scrap show? We all know B1G schools have the money.
We can't control any of that...so why fret or worry about it.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Brock Harding. Illinois Mr Basketball lol?
came down to LIU... Drake.... or the keys to run the show for a P5 program lol.

Talk about recruiting against yourself. I'm sure his parents could have afforded a prove it walk-on year, MINIMUM.
He would’ve been really good at Drake. He won’t hold up to the grind of a major conference season.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Brock Harding. Illinois Mr Basketball lol?
came down to LIU... Drake.... or the keys to run the show for a P5 program lol.

Talk about recruiting against yourself. I'm sure his parents could have afforded a prove it walk-on year, MINIMUM.
Package deal to get Freeman maybe? Or more likely since Fran had invested in the hour drive over to Moline, he was like, "If I could kill two birds with one stone here, that'd be great."

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Package deal to get Freeman maybe? Or more likely since Fran had invested in the hour drive over to Moline, he was like, "If I could kill two birds with one stone here, that'd be great."
Quite possible. Harding committed almost immediately upon offer. Freeman took several more months to decide and had a legit deep and impressive offer list. Iowa wasn't even his last OFV. Wisconsin was.

EDIT: Iowa has had some really nice bigs under Fran, Freeman is probably another. But is a package deal w/ another low-major guard worth punting on a chance to fix your underwhelming to abysmal track record with guards?

Idk. Bigs and Forwards haven't moved the needle thus far. Garza vs. OREGON is a recurring wet dream.

Last edited:

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Had a chance today to talk about the ISU-Hok game with a buddy of mine (Hok fan). For most of this non-con season, he was really talking up the Iowa team - especially highlighting how great the Frosh & Krikke were. Today, he said - "Iowa isn't very good this year." I wasn't even bragging about the win or chiding him about the Hoks. He's a good guy but, when it comes to Hok sports, he - like many fans my age - are still stuck in the 80s & believe that ISU NEVER has a superior team & deserves absolutely NO credit for any win against Iowa.
I think we have the same friend!

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
If Iowa is looking for a new coach next year there might be some heavier hitters looking as well.

Louisville for sure will be looking.

Now Maybe Michigan?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Only to hit 4 out of last 5 to finish 5-20. Standard end of game flurry to make it look closer than it was. Mich up 20 with 3:30 to go, Iowa outscores them 20-10 in last 3+ minutes.
They scored 25% of their 80 points, in the last 3 minutes and 23 seconds of the game. That's how you make a beat down look respectable, to the casual observer.
It's the McCaffery Way!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If Iowa is looking for a new coach next year there might be some heavier hitters looking as well.

Louisville for sure will be looking.

Now Maybe Michigan?

What was with the old guy on their bench walking around? Will that be their coach?