Washington hires Jedd Fisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Thamel is probably one of the most respected college football writers alive and ppl are exposing themselves calling him “some guy.”

Having said that, CMC won’t be going to UW.

Like others have said..."Find the best 10 non B10/SEC coaches" is going to still pull up CMC, especially since we got back to being competitive this year against a tough schedule.

I think that's probably a little naive because if some coach wins at Indiana or Vanderbilt it's not like they'll stay there either if they can go to an easier job for a raise.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
That’s kinda my point, puttying that out there hurts the credibility. Just shows he’s throwing out a ton of names. But agree when he’s actually reporting something he almost always hits, this is just a take though, not reporting
Yeah thats kind of what I was implying with my last sentence. He’s a great reporter but this is more like him thinking out loud via Twitter.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Those teams didn’t finish ranked, thanks giving too much weight into preseason rankings which aren’t accurate.
Sparty...

I think I'm picking up what your are putting down, and I understand your premise if I am correct.

Saying teams should only get credit for "ranked" wins if the vanquished team ends up ranked at the end of the season? I'm fine with that. Problem is that every talking head is mentioning "ranked" wins during the season to influence everybody as to who is best. They use it to determine strength of schedule things, etc.

My vote would be to NOT have an AP poll or any other poll until after 5 weeks. Then let the **** hit the fan and people can vote. Preseason rankings carry WAY too much weight.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Well, they also beat late season Oregon and Texas…

I think they (UW) probably just weren't a great matchup with Michigan. Texas defense would have been harder for Michigan I think with their line.

Full credit to Michigan, they're among the more convincing champions of the past decades, but I think Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, and Texas should all be nearly pick 'ems with each other if you replayed another playoff...and maybe Washington still could match up with some of those better too. It was a year that had a lot of parity. Hard to throw Oregon in there since they did play twice.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Sparty...

I think I'm picking up what your are putting down, and I understand your premise if I am correct.

Saying teams should only get credit for "ranked" wins if the vanquished team ends up ranked at the end of the season? I'm fine with that. Problem is that every talking head is mentioning "ranked" wins during the season to influence everybody as to who is best. They use it to determine strength of schedule things, etc.

My vote would be to NOT have an AP poll or any other poll until after 5 weeks. Then let the **** hit the fan and people can vote. Preseason rankings carry WAY too much weight.
Totally agree! Won’t happen because the rankings create drama but yep I agree with that completely. Also for the people on here that hate the big ten and sec bias they should want that too.

• Winner
Reactions: Yellow Snow

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ll let you throw out the amount but I’d do 5-1
$250 which is the same price as the We Will Fundraiser (that I cannot make)

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
$250 which is the same price as the We Will Fundraiser (that I cannot make)

Sure, loser has to post the donation.

Also if you want to break it up into a couple donations if it hits at a bad time I’m ok with that too.

Virtual Handshake

• Love
Reactions: aauummm

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sure, loser has to post the donation.

Also if you want to break it up into a couple donations if it hits at a bad time I’m ok with that too.

Virtual Handshake
Just to be clear, I am doing $250 and you would be $1250 if I am right and I could be a **** and say that my company matches (which they do) and then it would be $500/2500.

Virtual handshake.

No multiple donations needed.

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm and Cycsk

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Just to be clear, I am doing $250 and you would be $1250 if I am right and I could be a **** and say that my company matches (which they do) and then it would be $500/2500.

Virtual handshake.

No multiple donations needed.
Hahaha I’m not doing the company match thing but the $250/1,250 is fine.

That’s cool your company does that kind of thing though!

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Now that DeBoer is going to Bama, the Washington job is open.

Campbell is the type of loyal dude to stay there and build the program back up with minimal needs and isn't asking for $10M a year so can pay coordinators and ride the ship while Washington waits to get their full share of B1G money.

Was fun while it lasted.
Mods...a deep, long and hard ban is in order!

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Seattle and San Fran are the best food cities in the country if you have the $$$ to spend. Like any big city the annoying parts become a lot less annoying with wealth.

I love LA but it's more about the limitless outdoor rec activies within a 4 hour drive than food.

Seattle traffic is surprisingly bad and seems to funnel through just two major highways but last time I was there I got stuck on it for three hours because a truck carrying oxygen and propane exploded so I have a skewed perspective.
Yeah the traffic in and out of the city is awful. I know the morning commute into downtown from even Tacoma can take 2 hours. There are a lot places that I would love living as a college kid that I wouldn't necessarily as a working adult. LA would be one. It would awesome living and going to college in a place like LA if you could walk everywhere you needed to go. Going to USC or UCLA would be awesome. Same with UW and Seattle.

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
Yeah the traffic in and out of the city is awful. I know the morning commute into downtown from even Tacoma can take 2 hours. There are a lot places that I would love living as a college kid that I wouldn't necessarily as a working adult. LA would be one. It would awesome living and going to college in a place like LA if you could walk everywhere you needed to go. Going to USC or UCLA would be awesome. Same with UW and Seattle.
If you think you can walk everywhere you need to go at USC you don't know much about its location.

Status
Not open for further replies.