Transfer Portal Tracker

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Jalen Travis, first Princeton season was covid year 2020, iirc. Princeton guide mentioned playing in years 2021 and 2022, nothing for 2023. Looks like he might have 2 years if he wants them, right?

Hope someone can state accurately what is his eligibility status.

Also, is he here for spring ball?

Reactions: demoncore1031

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
This is an unfair statement. This was only Neals 4th or 5th year of organized football. dude didnt play a down of football until his junior year. and he made tremendous improvement this year. Yes, he was less than great, but, leaps and bounds better than he was in the UNI game
Yeah, Neal got way better as the season went on. I think a lot of fans might’ve seen some plays and thought Neal messed up, but in reality he did his job, the other guy messed up.

For instance: I think it was the Ohio game. Neal let a LB fly right by him, didn’t even look at him, to get to the next level. This was by design. Norton was lined up to Rocco’s left and was responsible for blocking the free defender and whiffed, resulting in a sack. But, what most people saw was that Neal messed up.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Yeah, Neal got way better as the season went on. I think a lot of fans might’ve seen some plays and thought Neal messed up, but in reality he did his job, the other guy messed up.

For instance: I think it was the Ohio game. Neal let a LB fly right by him, didn’t even look at him, to get to the next level. This was by design. Norton was lined up to Rocco’s left and was responsible for blocking the free defender and whiffed, resulting in a sack. But, what most people saw was that Neal messed up.
You mean folks on CF reacted to something before they saw/knew the whole story? Who TF do you think you are? That NEVER happens on CF...

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Neal and Bonifas were by far the two weakest spots on the OL. At the very least, they upped the competition. I would love to see Travis put Neal on the bench. He was not very good this year.
For his size Neal is very athletic. He sucked early in the season, but his blocks late in the year often led to big runs. The staff often brought him across the formation much like a pulling guard to make a block at the point of attack. He got really good at making those blocks.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Does this guy have two years left?

Jalen Travis, first Princeton season was covid year 2020, iirc. Princeton guide mentioned playing in years 2021 and 2022, nothing for 2023. Looks like he might have 2 years if he wants them, right?

Hope someone can state accurately what is his eligibility status.

Also, is he here for spring ball?
Looks like he has one, plus a possible COVID year. ‘20–when the Ivy League canceled the whole season—counts as a redshirt year.

At the moment, he only seems inclined to do one, though. Whether that’s because of NFL ambitions or something else, I’m not sure.

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This is an unfair statement. This was only Neals 4th or 5th year of organized football. dude didnt play a down of football until his junior year. and he made tremendous improvement this year. Yes, he was less than great, but, leaps and bounds better than he was in the UNI game

Did he improve? Yes. Was he ever a plus player on the OL? No. Especially at LT...you can't have that guy whiffing blocks and getting your QB killed. If I remember right, his PFF score for the bowl game was in the 20's. That's not freaking good. Any HC should be fired if he didn't try to recruit over a player like that. Not saying he's for sure a backup now, but he's going to have to improve quite a bit to keep his starting spot.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
he did make huge strides this year, thats for sure.

That being said, he isn't as good as the transfer is. he'll be a day 1 starter. Now, could be on the other side of the line, but Neal wasn't/isn't better than miller.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wrist slap coming, should be more than that.
With everything happening with NIL, and the NCAA officially and permanently neutered... no one cares about texts. And nothing will happen.

I am sure we would all love if something bad happened to the Hox on this, but it won't. And if it was any other team, I don't think any of us would care either

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron