Scheelhaase to Rams

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not sure what you mean by that. Employees will leave companies all the time. The better companies will lose an employee because they helped develop the employee’s skills to the point where the employee has larger aspirations which the current company can’t provide.

Companies that struggle will often have a difficult time to train/develop their talent, have bad culture, and the employee decides to leave for a lateral position.
Not sure if serious. Have you been paying attention to what’s going on with the CFB coaching exodus?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Any of these guys interest anyone....

Mike Bloesch - North Texas OC (6th best offense in the nation this year. Great OL guy)

Mack Leftwich - Texas State OC (14th best offense in the nation.)

Casey Woods - SMU OC

jackrabbit

Dec 2, 2006
NW hired him last month.
I didn't see that. But I would still contact him. I think ISU offense is set to have a very good 2024. I think Northwestern may struggle next year in the Big Ten. Most likely he will stay but worth checking out.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We can probably expect the new OC will either:
  • Have previously coached with Matt Campbell (Jason Candle - Toledo HC + Scott Isphording - Ohio OC + Clanton - ISU OL)
  • Have a Mount Union background (Candle)
  • Have Ohio roots (Candle + Kevin Johns - Duke OC+ Isphording)
So the score is Candle = 3 of 3, Isphording = 2 of 3, Duke = 1 of 3 and Clanton = 1 of 3. But all make sense.

Sure Candle might be a stretch going from HC to OC, but his success at Toledo hasn't earned him a P5 HC job after 7 years. Also Candle made $1.1M at Toledo last year. That is a big bump over what Nate made in 2023 ($750k), but less than Heacock's $1.2M.

Candle, Isphording or Johns make sense from a skill-fit standpoint, as each has a history of be OC/QB coach.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
We can probably expect the new OC will either:
  • Have previously coached with Matt Campbell (Jason Candle - Toledo HC + Scott Isphording - Ohio OC + Clanton - ISU OL)
  • Have a Mount Union background (Candle)
  • Have Ohio roots (Candle + Kevin Johns - Duke OC+ Isphording)
So the score is Candle = 3 of 3, Isphording = 2 of 3, Duke = 1 of 3 and Clanton = 1 of 3. But all make sense.

Sure Candle might be a stretch going from HC to OC, but his success at Toledo hasn't earned him a P5 HC job after 7 years. Also Candle made $1.1M at Toledo last year. That is a big bump over what Nate made in 2023 ($750k), but less than Heacock's $1.2M.

Candle, Isphording or Johns make sense from a skill-fit standpoint, as each has a history of be OC/QB coach.
No idea why Candle would be interested.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How many outside hires does CMC have to make before people stop saying he only/predominately hire within/inner circle. Plenty of outside hires that go ignored. Not sure reality matches some people’s perceptions.

I know.....it's kind of silly. There was such damn panic last year over that.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
Nate S is Georges’s broken foot with less resume to warrant that thinking.

Inlike him and probably a bigger hit on recruiting than x and os at this point.