*** Official #8 IOWA STATE vs UCF Game(Day) Thread ***

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
We can breathe now. Credit to the UCF announcers doing the game for ESPN+. You almost couldn't tell they were the UCF announcers.

• Haha
Reactions: Hubbs4cy

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Typical Big 12 slugfest. Ground it out and got the W. They turned it up when it was needed. On to the next one

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Was only able to watch second half, thought UCF had us frustrated for a long time.

I did love that sequence when up 1 that helped put the game away:

UCF missed FT
Milan with a killer long 2
KG turnover and and 1
UCF turnover

Good to work through a challenge like that and come out on top

Reactions: CascadeClone

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I figure it is like this. This team will take a few years off my life but dang, the years I do get watching them are worth it.
Houston doesn't exactly have a layup in a couple hours.
If OU plays with intensity they played against us with, they have a chance.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We can breathe now. Credit to the UCF announcers doing the game for ESPN+. You almost couldn't tell they were the UCF announcers.

What was up with the beginning of the broadcast constantly flashing UCF graphics at every cut like it was LHN?

I didn't mind the actual guys calling the game, they were homers but not bad homers, but the graphics were a little out of control early in the game and they seemed to stop it after the first few minutes.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I'll take it, not every game is going to be perfect, but we have to play better than we have been to make a deep run. Lot of issues right now. Good to win, but I hope they heed the warning signs.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I figure it is like this. This team will take a few years off my life but dang, the years I do get watching them are worth it.

If OU plays with intensity they played against us with, they have a chance.

I know we'd have lost @OU if we played there again instead of at Hilton last week.