Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
So what you are saying is CFB>>>>>>>>>>>WBB. Well of course that is true and will always be the case.

The game on Sunday was the highest rated regular season womens basketball game in 25 years. I think that is pretty significant.

The Clark effect is real no matter how ISU fans try to downplay her impact.

Milk it for everything it's got. It's about over. Clark's effect is a byproduct of her outstanding skills, controversial nature, recently changed NCAA rules on self promotion, and yes, media hype. But none of it carries over to the WNBA. Her profile will recede to about the level other players in that league get (although she will do better on endorsements for a while). Bluder and Iowa get nothing out of this whole circus. And Hawk fans will have to manufacture enough relevance to soothe their soft little egos some other way.

I've only ever seen one other fan base react like this and it was Nebraska with their volleyball program. They believe that ten years from now college volleyball will be more watched than basketball. Now, I like volleyball, but that is just as dumb as what Hawk fans are suggesting here. I'm sorry you weren't hugged more as kids or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlCyJim and BCClone

May 7, 2020
You should admit, like other Iowa fans have, that her on court behavior needs improvement. It's ok for people to talk about that, too. And we find some of her antics funny. Such as casually walking into an opponent, pretending the opponent wasn't there, and then makes a scene when that said opponent brushes her off. It was a perfect way for CC to set the scoring record. And it was hilarious
Speaking of funny antics, are you over 200 posts yet in this thread Cyhig?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Milk it for everything it's got. It's about over. Clark's effect is a byproduct of her outstanding skills, controversial nature, recently changed NCAA rules on self promotion, and yes, media hype. But none of it carries over to the WNBA. Her profile will recede to about the level other players in that league get (although she will do better on endorsements for a while). Bluder and Iowa get nothing out of this whole circus. And Hawk fans will have to manufacture enough relevance to soothe their soft little egos some other way.

I've only ever seen one other fan base react like this and it was Nebraska with their volleyball program. They will tell you that ten years from now college volleyball will be more watched than basketball. Now, I like volleyball, but that is just as dumb as what Hawk fans are suggesting here. I'm sorry you weren't hugged more as kids or whatever.
Iowa and Bluder got nothing out of Clark??? Please explain that one!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Iowa and Bluder got nothing out of Clark??? Please explain that one!
Iowa was a solid women's program with good attendance before Clark and that's what they will be once she's gone. Her playing in black and gold doesn't elevate Iowa women's basketball in any lasting way. Disagree?

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Sounds like a real scientific poll you conducted to arrive at your conclusion (1 person 7 years ago). What’s funny is you post this in a 221 page thread dedicated to taking down the nation‘s most famous current athlete (Please don‘t even try to argue that) who happens to be from Iowa. Who are the real douche bags? Sometimes it’s best to take your parents childhood advice of “if you can’t say something nice about someone…”. You guys have a very good and young women’s team. You might want to focus your efforts there.

In the words of the other Hawk trolls that come on this site... we are capable of doing both.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Iowa was a solid women's program with good attendance before Clark and that's what they will be once she's gone. Her playing in black and gold doesn't elevate Iowa women's basketball in any lasting way. Disagree?
I think there will be dividends. Bluder has a great class coming in next year, but they got some bad luck on the injury front with that. Not Bluder’s fault on that at all.

Plus, a lot of girls will be growing up across the state and nation that will be idolizing Clark. That should reap some rewards as well.

Also, let’s say none of that comes to fruition. Clark has already brought Iowa to two Sweet 16s, and a championship game. She has also helped lead them to two big ten tourney titles and a share of a regular season title. She has also won the big ten player of the year award three times unanimously, a soon to be three times AA and two time national player of the year.

She is by far the best player from the state of Iowa and by far the best player to ever play for an Iowa college or university.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So what you are saying is CFB>>>>>>>>>>>WBB. Well of course that is true and will always be the case.

The game on Sunday was the highest rated regular season womens basketball game in 25 years. I think that is pretty significant.

The Clark effect is real no matter how ISU fans try to downplay her impact.
It has boosted WBB visibility, but to claim she’s the most famous athlete in the country is also moronic and total homerism.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think there will be dividends. Bluder has a great class coming in next year, but they got some bad luck on the injury front with that. Not Bluder’s fault on that at all.

Plus, a lot of girls will be growing up across the state and nation that will be idolizing Clark. That should reap some rewards as well.

Also, let’s say none of that comes to fruition. Clark has already brought Iowa to two Sweet 16s, and a championship game. She has also helped lead them to two big ten tourney titles and a share of a regular season title. She has also won the big ten player of the year award three times unanimously, a soon to be three times AA and two time national player of the year.

She is by far the best player from the state of Iowa and by far the best player to ever play for an Iowa college or university.
Is Iowa renaming their basketball arena after her? You have made a pretty big claim there.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Is Iowa renaming their basketball arena after her? You have made a pretty big claim there.
I’m guessing in time something will get named and she will have a statue. I should have specified womens bball although you could make a really strong case for mens and womens.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
She did have a statue, a butter statue. Sure Murph still has it in his fridge.
Yeah, the trolls keep having to qualify things. Went with Iowa, well you have a guy in the hall of fame who even had a movie made about him a couple years ago. You also have a heisman winner with a stadium named after them. Now it’s WBB in Iowa. That probably is true, at least at this moment. That’s the thing, how long will it last if they don’t name CHA after her?

Reactions: cycloner29

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times

I've only ever seen one other fan base react like this and it was Nebraska with their volleyball program. They believe that ten years from now college volleyball will be more watched than basketball. Now, I like volleyball, but that is just as dumb as what Hawk fans are suggesting here. I'm sorry you weren't hugged more as kids or whatever.

She's white.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

*Most hyped or best women’s player.

Help Support Us

Become a patron