WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm sure Kim Mulkey will have an epic rant on the fight at some point. Anything shy of a national title game appearance for LSU is an epic failure this year with how they loaded up in the portal. I'll be toasting to their failure the moment they lose in the tournament. SC probably wins it this year, they've been the dominant team all year all year but they should have not let LSU get under their skin like that and potentially mess up the momentum they have.

• Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Kind of expected that fight to happen. They were chirping and taking cheap shots all game. Lots of elbows and hair pulling happening that the refs weren’t seeing.
Unfortunately, this has become far to normal in women's college basketball and too many officials let it go on. The officials comments are "we have to let them play." The officials have to step up their game and not let it get out of control like they did today. Too many officials want to be the players friends instead of officiating. The officiating in college wbb is some of the worst in basketball, and I've been watching for 30 years.

If you watched today, the tall African American official ran away from the fight. The other two stepped in, but they really didn't do much. Kevin Pethtel and Angelica Suffren have both officiated in Ames. Suffren officiated the night we came back against WVU and was out of it for most of the game. Pethtel officiated the Cincinnati game.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Someone from the stands jumped into the fray. Cardoso should be suspended the rest of the season, but she won’t.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
ESPN announcer said the coaches were trying to pull their players back from the SEC fight. However, watching the replay, Mulkey did not appear to go out to pull her players back she went after Cardoso. The only person she pulled back was the fan who leaped onto the court. Otherwise, she did not appear to restrain any of her players. Mulkey is a big problem. SEC is headed downhill big time.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Greenvillle newspaper reports cardoso will face a one-game suspension in the NCAA.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
ESPN announcer said the coaches were trying to pull their players back from the SEC fight. However, watching the replay, Mulkey did not appear to go out to pull her players back she went after Cardoso. The only person she pulled back was the fan who leaped onto the court. Otherwise, she did not appear to restrain any of her players. Mulkey is a big problem. SEC is headed downhill big time.
Can't wait for UT & OK to be a part of that conference. (Especially Texa$/ they seem to be a perfect fit:rolleyes:)

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Unfortunately, this has become far to normal in women's college basketball and too many officials let it go on. The officials comments are "we have to let them play." The officials have to step up their game and not let it get out of control like they did today. Too many officials want to be the players friends instead of officiating. The officiating in college wbb is some of the worst in basketball, and I've been watching for 30 years.

If you watched today, the tall African American official ran away from the fight. The other two stepped in, but they really didn't do much. Kevin Pethtel and Angelica Suffren have both officiated in Ames. Suffren officiated the night we came back against WVU and was out of it for most of the game. Pethtel officiated the Cincinnati game.
wife looked both up and we recognized them both as not very favorable towards ISU.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Holy crap just seeing the LSU/USC highlights for the first time after wrestling. I cannot believe that fan jumped out of the stands over the scorers table onto the court and wasn't arrested. Dude should be banned from attending tournament games.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's always about Mulkey, just look at her loud outfits. That's a woman that wants to make sure everyone knows she wants to be the center of attention. I remember a few years ago after they won the Big 12 tournament she rattled off her resume in the post game interview before even mentioning her team or players. It was all "I" and "me" type statements of how she's won all these conference titles and tournaments and national titles.

She's a disgusting human being and that's not even including some of the comments she made when Baylor was dealing with the sexual assault issues too. What she said after the game probably just scratched the surface of what she really thought. I'm sure she would have been just fine with an all out slugfest when the fight broke out.

Reactions: jctisu and BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron