***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So you are contending that TJ used a redshirt on him and spent a year teaching him our system with the idea of recruiting over him?
No. I'm saying we've added 3 big guards since he signed and took a healthy redshirt. Now we're top 10 and better players are looking at us.

Answer me this who's more likely to get minutes next year Hamilton or Indrusaitis?

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
So you are contending that TJ used a redshirt on him and spent a year teaching him our system with the idea of recruiting over him?
I would hope so. Wanna make the team better? Get better players. Not an anti-Hamilton post, by the way.

Reactions: Drew0311

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
No. I'm saying we've added 3 big guards since he signed and took a healthy redshirt. Now we're top 10 and better players are looking at us.

Answer me this who's more likely to get minutes next year Hamilton or Indrusaitis?
We could have a super spirited completely uninformed debate about this. My $.02 says Indrusaitis, but I also thought Omaha would contribute this year more than he as

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We could have a super spirited completely uninformed debate about this. My $.02 says Indrusaitis, but I also thought Omaha would contribute this year more than he as
Cards were stacked against Omaha. Rather than being here this summer he was playing on all-star teams. Reports were he lacked offense. I remember watching him in the state tournament seeing he didn't handle passes cleanly. Didn't think it would be an issue but it has been. Until he got here I'm not sure our coaches new how much work is ahead of him. It's entirely possible Biliew gets recruited over this transfer season. I hope we add a 4/5 as insurance instead of blocking either JT or Omaha. That way whichever is best prepared next fall will be in the rotation.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

I feel like Hamilton was redshirted because of Lipsey, Gilbert, Jones and Paveletzke being ahead of him in fall camp. Not who we were recruiting in future classes.

We saw how little Paveletzke played as our 4th guard. Why use up a season of Hamilton's eligibility by playing even fewer minutes than Paveletzke?

If Hamilton is going to play major minutes, he's probably looking at his redshirt sophomore season. But being an impact player for 3 years is nothing to dismiss. But we'll probably find out in the next couple weeks if any current roster players have been nudged out.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
That's why it's just my opinion. Last I checked evidence wasn't required for message board opinions. If so it would be a pretty boring place.

Calm down. It's not unreasonable or beyond the pale to be asked to back up your opinions on this board, as long as it's done in a civil and respectful fashion, which I think Pride did. No need to be as defensive as you were.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Cards were stacked against Omaha. Rather than being here this summer he was playing on all-star teams. Reports were he lacked offense. I remember watching him in the state tournament seeing he didn't handle passes cleanly. Didn't think it would be an issue but it has been. Until he got here I'm not sure our coaches new how much work is ahead of him. It's entirely possible Biliew gets recruited over this transfer season. I hope we add a 4/5 as insurance instead of blocking either JT or Omaha. That way whichever is best prepared next fall will be in the rotation.

I think it's the wrong choice of words to say "It's entirely possible Biliew gets recruited over". He has skills that you pretty much can't recruit over.

If you're talking about someone who has a lot higher floor, lower ceiling then I can agree with that.

I have a lot of hope for Omaha next year. It's the year after that that I'm worried both he and Milan will move on.