***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
no drop off from 3 established team seniors?? ...... right :rolleyes:
It is going to be a tall task to replace Rob Jones, Tre King and Hason Ward. I think their contribution to our defense (and overall) is underrated. I do think we can find some guys that are maybe a bit more versatile, but there is certainly going to be a drop off in the non-con as the new main bigs get acclimated.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
It is going to be a tall task to replace Rob Jones, Tre King and Hason Ward. I think their contribution to our defense (and overall) is underrated. I do think we can find some guys that are maybe a bit more versatile, but there is certainly going to be a drop off in the non-con as the new main bigs get acclimated.
I agree, their performance on defense is what makes our style so effective, they will be missed and hard to replace in the first year, took those guys 2 or 3 years to make it what it is

mowheat

Nov 11, 2009
Waukee
My personal opinion… with the 3 guards back… and Milan… there are ZERO minutes available at the 1-3 based on TJ’s rotation barring some major surprise from any of the others on the roster. Jones basically fills in as needed with those first 3 to provide rest and TJ kept the rotation short. I’m really curious how it shakes out at the 4-5. I don’t feel like Omaha fits the 4-5 in TJ’s system but I guess we shall see. Been a fun year!!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My personal opinion… with the 3 guards back… and Milan… there are ZERO minutes available at the 1-3 based on TJ’s rotation barring some major surprise from any of the others on the roster. Jones basically fills in as needed with those first 3 to provide rest and TJ kept the rotation short. I’m really curious how it shakes out at the 4-5. I don’t feel like Omaha fits the 4-5 in TJ’s system but I guess we shall see. Been a fun year!!
I think we add a 4/5 in addition to Jackson then we look for a productive big guard with offensive skills. Yes there will be overlap but great teams have that. Two more solid adds and we are serious NC contenders.

Reactions: mowheat

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Woke up, got breakfast, did some chores, noticed the time, and went to check my X (formerly known as Twitter) feed. Then 247, Rivals and now CF.

What the heck? It’s after 11AM Iowa time, and no earth shattering commitments in basketball or football yet? Did something break? What’s going on with that?!!!

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Woke up, got breakfast, did some chores, noticed the time, and went to check my X (formerly known as Twitter) feed. Then 247, Rivals and now CF.

What the heck? It’s after 11AM Iowa time, and no earth shattering commitments in basketball or football yet? Did something break? What’s going on with that?!!!

Yes, that bridge in Baltimore

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I’ve. Or seen or heard any. Just a lot of people assuming Rock and Fish (along with Watson and Bilew) are ready to fill in at the 4/5 with no drop off from BRE/Ward/King.
Not sure why Cyclone fans should expect a drop off. We have great coaches and young players who have potential to get better. Plus, I don't feel Rock, Fish, Biliew, Watson, Paveletzke, Hamilton, Indrusaitis or Pierce will be relied on to play 15mpg+ next year.

I expect to see Momcilovic play more minutes at the 4 next season based on Lipsey, Gilbert and Curtis Jones returning. Dishon Jackson would be a logical 5th starter.

The graduating seniors were huge culture and effort guys. I feel like the staff can get those same characteristics out of the younger guys, who could actually be more skilled based on HS recruiting profiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aclone

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
If we pull off Igor Milicic (yes, please!) then are we done in the portal?
I’d think UVa, his first school, would be the favorites. His HC at Charlotte went back to UVa as an assistant during summer of 2023.

I’d prefer a guy like Kyle for our defense, but a 6’10” guy that can shoot would be a big help to the offense.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Harvard along with other Ivy League schools don't offer full athletic scholarships
That's why they go get guys that can get academic scholarships. Still the point is if you don't see a clear path to the NBA do you really want to swap out the name on your diploma?

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA

Running out of gas, shut the programs down.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'd add the caveat "zero additional minutes beyond what we already have coming in". I think we'll run 5 guys in the 1-3 spots and 3-4 guys in the 4-5 spots (including Milan when we run him at the 4).