*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Illinois had 30 (!!!) rebounds in that half, including 10 offensive rebounds. That's the real difference IMO. Rebound the damn ball and we would be fine.

Illinois is top 15 in ORB% so that's partially to be expected

Reactions: Die4Cy

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
Calling this team lazy is about the dumbest take I've seen all year, and that's saying something on CF. They may make mistakes, but its not because of a lack of effort.
I agree, but there have been some lazy plays. wards 3rd foul was a lazy play. Milan’s bad pass lazy. Seems that are getting after lose balls more than us.

That said, they got about 3-4 beneficial bounces that half. We are due.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rebounding isn't a surprise. They're much bigger. The problem is the offense is looking like a Todd Lickliter offense.
Agreed. The problem is offense. You aren't going to hold Illinois to 50 points. They were going to have to get in the 70s to win this game and they look completely lost against a bad defense.

caulkasian

Dec 26, 2018
Illinois had 30 (!!!) rebounds in that half, including 10 offensive rebounds. That's the real difference IMO. Rebound the damn ball and we would be fine.
It's gonna be hard to do with everybody in foul trouble.

Maybe someone has offered #10 that bag and that's why he looks off his game.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Iowa State scoring much at all in the second half, and foul trouble means giving up way more points and rebounds defensively. Good guys lose by 20+ but UConn wins the elite eight game anyway.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Rebounding and better shot selection. Maybe. No offensive presence underneath killing us and defensive rebounding almost nonexistent. Only two scorers isn’t going to get it done.

hiltonisheaven

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Gilbert and Ward gotta look in the mirror and decide to give full effort 2nd half. Their effort has been less than their best.
Milan’s not athletic enough for this game. Trey and Watson gotta step up in place of Milan.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CloneGrad'16

Mar 21, 2024
Some of the rebounds we've missed it just didn't even look like the guys were going for the ball or just expecting someone else to get it. Probably conscious about fouling but man gotta be more aggressive

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
The style we play makes things really tough when get to this stage. Going to see better offenses, and we haven’t really had a go to offensive guy except Brockington in the TJ era . This will be the challenge for him to get us over the hump, and I wouldn’t bet against it. Also still some time tonight to try and muck things up.