Nostalgia - Childhood Toys

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
lincoln_logs_deluxejpg.image.614x461.jpg

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
(Photos via random web search)

Got these as a unit at Christmas, when I was ~7(?).

Unwrapped, joined under the tree, waiting for me to awake and go downstairs.

I chopped a lot of pretend alfalfa silage that next season!

Cool thing is, I still have the restored tractor (along with additional farm toys). It's in storage, hence no photo of it here.

View attachment 127865

View attachment 127866

View attachment 127867

Fun note about the web tractor photo: I "misplaced" my rubber exhaust pipe within about 3 weeks of receiving the gift. (Restored version has one, though!)
I still have "most" of the farm toys I didn't destroy as a kid.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I still have "most" of the farm toys I didn't destroy as a kid.
That's cool!

I think I have only tractors, few of the farm implements survived.

Fortunately at one point in the early '90s, my dad decided to get them professionally restored w/ authentic paint et al, as a gift for me. I had no idea he was doing it.

So I have the 560, a John Deere (a 4010 or 4020 model) and an Allis-Chalmers (not sure of model).

Other farm stuff I have is smaller-scale tractors/implements most still in packaging.

Reactions: Die4Cy

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Legos - still have most of the sets from back in the day. Getting the Lego catalog was awesome.
NES/SNES/N64
GI Joe and TMNT action figures
Nerf guns
WWF pillow buddies
Hot wheels and die-cast tractors
Suzuki 3 wheeler - not your typical toy but started riding when I was around 8, I was lucky I made it to 8 and a half.

Reactions: 0u812

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Might have missed it being mentioned but did anybody have "Creepy Crawlers"? Don't remember if we ever had one or if I remember playing with one at a friends. It was later described as " Essentially the boy-friendly version of an Easy Bake Oven, the Creepy Crawlers toy in the 1960s allowed kids to make molds of spiders, frogs and other insects. The problem with the toy was that the oven got extremely hot and the liquid plastic was quite toxic." Fun times!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
i had a few different things, but pretty much from 5-16 three things are what I pretty much played.

Loved stompers. Friends and I would do minor modifications and race. Which basically meant making them RWD and take off weight, but you still had to use the bodies so they looked cool.

Lego soace was the best. I had a couple big sets and a couple small ones, and it feels like I had a ton. My parents still have them and realize that my son has like 10x as many over the years.

Tecmo Super Bowl. I loved the stats and having weird things like three 1000 yard rushers, four 1000 yard receivers, a 2000-2000 year with Thurman Thomas.

Reactions: 0u812 and 2speedy1

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Might have missed it being mentioned but did anybody have "Creepy Crawlers"? Don't remember if we ever had one or if I remember playing with one at a friends. It was later described as " Essentially the boy-friendly version of an Easy Bake Oven, the Creepy Crawlers toy in the 1960s allowed kids to make molds of spiders, frogs and other insects. The problem with the toy was that the oven got extremely hot and the liquid plastic was quite toxic." Fun times!
Yup. Me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron